Holsters that i use right now.

This is a discussion on Holsters that i use right now. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here are the three holster i use right now. For deep cover: Defender Belly Band Link here: Defender Belly Band For normal IWB: Uncle Mikes ...

Thread: Holsters that i use right now.

Holsters that i use right now.

Here are the three holster i use right now.

For deep cover: Defender Belly Band
    Link here:Defender Belly Band

For normal IWB: Uncle Mikes Sidekick (which i modified)
    Post and pictures here:Uncle Mikes Sidekick redo

Sholder holster: Pistol Packaging
    I found this one at a gun show, it is great because it only has one strap going down to your belt, but it stays in place great.

I hope to get a Milt sparks VM-2 for all my pistols some day, but these holsters work good for now.

2. Remove Ads

DC Founder
    Funny, I have both the Defender Belly Band and the Uncle Mikes Sidekick. I didn\'t modify the Sidekick but I did take a seam ripper from my wife\'s sewing stuff and rip out the stitching that formed the holster. I then put my gun in there, took a seam marker and traced around the gun at the proper cant and had her triple stitch it. It worked perfectly. What I don\'t like about the defender is that when you don\'t wear a Tshirt under it, the edges of the velcro cut into my belly making it feel like someone is gutting you. A tshirt eliminates the problem. I looked at the Uncle Mike\'s Belly Holster today and it looks like it may be a little better made. I didn\'t buy one yet.

The sidekick is a great little holster for carrying IWB if you could get the gun back into it without having to pull it out of your pants. Not a big deal, though. Sorta like carrying \"mexican style\" with some padding.

I have bought so many holsters I am embarrassed to admit it. But I also have a couple of Predator Kydex IWB holsters (which are really comfortable if you like plastic), a Galco Scout IWB, a Ross Leather IWB which I think I like the best, a nylon Yaqui slide belt holster which I like for belt carry and a couple of different belt holsters which I rarely wear.

Something that I haven\'t tried in over 20 years is a shoulder holster. I used to have a Bianchi for my Colt Diamondback years ago. I have seen a couple of them that I do like, I just hate to spend that much money for something I wouldn\'t wear too much. Here in Arizona we just don\'t wear jackets and such very much at all....

I also sometimes carry in a fanny pack which I like when I am in shorts or on vacation.

6000' above sea level - Albuquerque NM USA
    Myself, I\'m almost exclusively using the SmartCarry these days. It just really works for me and my lifestyle.

Sometimes I\'ll use a pocket holster or a cheap-o suede IWB, but mostly the SmartCarry.

Holster hangover

Mine seems to have gone on forever.

Of the many in the holster drawers, about 25 are in regular use. Many guns have several, and most guns I carry have both right and left hand holsters. Some have both IWB and OWB. Also the Hume JITs are often used cross draw.

Today, a Commander in a Fobus stong side right. A P7 in a JIT left.

A Lou Alessi CQC/S for my Sig 239. I also have a Slideguard made by Highnoon Holsters and a Milt Sparks Vers-max 2.
    But the CQC is the one I wear the most

Originally posted by coma
    Here are the three holster i use right now.

For normal IWB: Uncle Mikes Sidekick (which i modified)
    Post and pictures here:Uncle Mikes Sidekick redo
    You have to be a member of the Sig Forum to view. Can you re-post those pics here?

Sorry about that ill post it here.

Here is the original post from SIG forum:

About 9 or so months ago i posted the following:
    \"
    Well I have been trying to save up enough money for Christmas and a new (used) truck. But I needed a better IWB holster for my P239. I had an Uncle Mikes Side Kick IWB nylon holster that did not feel good at all, it was also really sloppy. So it never got used.

After thinking about it I decided that if I was not going to use the holster I may as well try to make an attempt at revamping the cheep Side Kick. After unstitching the edge from the top to the bottom, then the plastic belt clip was removed.

I started by laying the holster flat and moving the belt clip forward, up and adding more angle to improve the cant angle. The hand stitching was really slow (because I canít sow) but in about 25 minutes it was in itsí new location. Next I stitched the holster back closed. Then last thing left was to tighten up the holster to hold the gun in place better. I unloaded the P239 installed it in the holster, then I stitched around the trigger guard from the top of the holster, then keeping tight to the frame I stitched down to the bottom.

Now for just the original price, and about 1 hour of my time I have a much improved holster that will hold me over until I can save up for my Versa-Max 2.
    I donít have a digital camera so I cant show any pictures right now but if I get any requests I may borrow one. If your looking to save some money give this method a try, itsí worth the 7 bucks and an hour of your time.

death and taxes....need i say any more

P239 9MM
    P229 .40S&W

\"

Thanks for posting that, and especially the pic of you wearing it. That helps to see what it looks like. I re-created a Smartcarry holster so it would fit me better as well.
    I really like the idea of the clip higher up, as you do, and wish holster makers would follow suit. They make their clips too low which causes the pistol to rise up and it makes it harder to conceal, especially when I am small framed and can\'t hide much.

Links