Blade-Tech Question - Page 2

Blade-Tech Question

This is a discussion on Blade-Tech Question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thank you sir. I'm there....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blade-Tech Question

Thank you sir. I'm there.
    "Beware of the man who only owns one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

Quote Originally Posted by Art Penny
    Well and I was just 'bout to order an IWB from Blade-Tech for my XD 4" 45 acp. Anyone got a replacement holster recommendation?
    You might be able to find a site that stocks blade tech holsters that would fit your gun. I'm a leftie and carry a really new model, so I wasn't so fortunate. Still though, I won't buy from them again.

Blade-Tech

I ran across the following this morning. I'm not sure when they posted it.

"[B]OUR DELIVERY TIME IS CURRENTLY 5 WEEKS[/B]. This means from the time you place your order it may be up to 5 weeks before it can be shipped. Some items such as our injection molded products and some of our standard pre-manufactured products will ship sooner than our custom, Kydex products.

Note: If you wish to receive a product sooner than the time frame mentioned above, please contact customer service at 1(877)331-5793 to inquire about Blade-Tech dealers that may have your desired product(s) in stock.

The chosen Shipping Method (i.e. Next Day, 2ND DAY or 3 DAY) applies to the date your order is ready to ship, not from the date your order is placed. You may rest assured that we are making every effort to get your order shipped as soon as possible.

We cannot THANK YOU enough for your patience and your support! It is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
    Blade-Tech Staff "

Blade-Tech

Good Morning
    My Name is Tom Crawford, Manager for Blade-Tech Industries. First I want to thank all our customers for their support. And also thank everyone for their feed-back, thats how companys inprove their service. I just want to say that we take this feedback that we are getting from our customers very seriously and we are doing everything possible to get your orders finished in a timely manner. Yes , we are backlogged due to military orders , as well as orders from everyone else. We know that delivery times is a main concern right now, and are doing everthing possible that does not effect quality to lower our backlog. We are ramping up production on some of our holsters for a quicker delivery time. Of course some of the not so popular models are going to take a longer time, but we are working on that also. Thank you again for your patience and support and be rest assured any feedback we receive, either in person or on fourms like these is taken seriously. Thank You again.
    Tom Crawford
    Manager
    Blade-Tech Ind.
    tom@blade-tech.com

Assistant Administrator
    Hello Tom and -

Good to see you join us.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Thumbs up Manager at Blade-Tech

Thanks for your reply Tom. Do you have a contact person to get an approximate ship date before an order is placed for a specific product?

Art
    Any of our customer service employees, they should be able to help you. If they dont give you the answer you need contact me directly.XD holsters are one that we are ramping up for.Also check out our website as we do have some holsters that we have in stock or that can be manufactured pretty fast ,that will ship within 5 to 7 working days. Of course a Left handed UCH holster for a Star 45 is going to take longer than the standard Belt holster for a glock, and that type of holster, considering our backlog is hard to forcast when exactly it will be done. But ask and we will try and let you know as close as possible when it is likely to be finished. Yes sometimes we will miss it, not on purpose mind you. But please just call us with any concerns and we will do what we can to get you your products when you need them. Thanks for the welcome, and again the support. Now if you can excuse me, Im headed back out to the shop to make some holsters. Talk Later..
    Last edited by beechcreek; July 26th, 2006 at 10:01 PM.

Tom,

If I can make one suggestion to Blade-Tech's customer support program it would be this. If an order is going to be late/behind/whatnot, send an email to the customer telling them such. Had I just been notified what was going on, I would have been okay with the situation. However, not hearing anything and then having trouble to find out what was going on, was pretty annoying.

Sam
    Last edited by SammyIamToday; July 27th, 2006 at 08:57 PM.

Sammy
    Exactly! Thank you.This will be discussed in our Customer Service Meeting once again and your comments will be helpful. Thanks Again
    Tom Crawford
    Manager
    Blade-Tech Ind.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcreek
    Sammy
    Exactly! Thank you.This will be discussed in our Customer Service Meeting once again and your comments will be helpful. Thanks Again
    Tom Crawford
    Manager
    Blade-Tech Ind.
    Cool, thanks for taking my suggestion into consideration. I also made a typo in my above post, I meant it would be okay, not wouldn't, but I'm sure you got that.

I LOVE BLADE TECH and I have several of their holsters. But this problem about backlogs is not a new issue. Lessee about ten or more years ago, I wanted a Blade Tech holster and a Mag Pouch/flashlight combo carrier and so my wife bought it for me with a GUARANTEE to have it at the inlaws in north Florida before X-MAS morning. She ordered it right at the beginning of December and was assured it would not be a problem. Xmas morning and it's NOT under the tree! my wife was PI$$ED! To their credit, once my wife got thru the ream job, they shipped overnight and threw in the ammo carrier combo for free. But still.

I have NO beef whatsoever with their PRODUCT. I'd like to know if they make either an OWB or an IWB for the Charter Arms Bulldog 44sp snubbie as it looks like that's my next purchase. One of the things I really like is the tiny little "FISH" embossed on each holster. It has a special meaning to those of the Christian faith. I'm gonna go out right now and meet my wife for dinner. Gonna strap on my Sig P245 in the IWB Blade Tech. Dang it. She just called from the restaurant and I'm LATE! BYE!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

well i ordered one for my kahr cw9 in march and just got it yesterday.....love the holster! only problem was that had to call and get the info that it was going to be a little while before i got it. on thursday night got a call from fed-ex and they were telling me that they could not find my address......problem is that they sent it to the wrong state!....still need to call and talk to customer service about that. all things given i love the holster and see what happens with dealing with customer service issue.

I personally cant stand the Blade Tech product line of holsters. In 2002 I personally ordered a Blade Tech Tactical Thigh Rig for the Beretta M9 with Surefire Polymer series tac-light. This was for deployment and unfortunatley I did not recieve it prior to deployment. With only 3 day's till deployment from Ft. Campbell Kentucky, I ordered a Safariland 6004 on the recommendation from other team members. Cops Plus had them in stock and over nighted it to my door literally the next day !!!

Once home from the middle east I opened my Blade Tech package and literally by only holding it my hands was convinced that my purchase of the Safariland 6004 was a better move. The Blade Tech is simply just cheap plastic, no inner swued lining such as in the case with Safariland and a thumb break that is literally just a piece of rubber with a simple snap. If anyone wants this holster for an M9 with Surefire polymer series torch, it's yours for the shipping cost !!!
    U.S. Army retired
    18F4VW9

Thumbs down Apples & Oranges comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Skygod
    Once home from the middle east I opened my Blade Tech package and literally by only holding it my hands was convinced that my purchase of the Safariland 6004 was a better move. The Blade Tech is simply just cheap plastic, no inner swued lining such as in the case with Safariland and a thumb break that is literally just a piece of rubber with a simple snap. If anyone wants this holster for an M9 with Surefire polymer series torch, it's yours for the shipping cost !!!
    I'd take it if the holster was for an H&K USP. But you can't compare KYDEX to leather. Leather is traditional and it feels "masculine" and of course it's beautiful. But it is subject to being degraded by the environment and TIME. Kydex isn't degraded by anything. Not weather, not time, not chemicals. Kydex is combat rugged. Witness the staggering number of orders from the military.

See how well your leather holster with the suede lining holds up in a hot HUMID jungle environment or where there are POL products being sloshed around. The leather will disintegrate so fast you'll think "SCOTTY beamed it up to the Enterprise!" But the Blade Tech was engineered (not cheap plastic) to be impervious to all weather conditions, all types of corrosive chemicals....basically engineered to face the EXTREMES of everything. If I had to go to combat, give me the Blade-Tech product anyday, especially with the H&K or Sig or Glock. Those all go together with the Blade-Tech like "peas & carrots" as Gump would say.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Skygod
    Safariland has set the standard for those type of holsters with the Suede and their thumbreak -and with a couple of Patents they probably will remain the standard for awhile. Im sorry you didnt recieve the holster in time for deployment, but sounds like you had what you needed. Thank you, Thank You, for your service, You guys have done and are doing a hell of a job over yonder and make us proud. If you want I will trade that holster for any other style we have, just check out our website and let me know if anything interest you. Again Thank you, and let me know if I could be of any help.
    Tom Crawford
    Blade-Tech Ind.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links