Blade-Tech Question

This is a discussion on Blade-Tech Question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think that Tom Crawford has some good topics for his next company meeting. Customers would rather be quoted an honest longer delivery time than ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Blade-Tech Question

Administrator

Lessons Learned

I think that Tom Crawford has some good topics for his next company meeting.

Customers would rather be quoted an honest longer delivery time than a shorter Total BS delivery time.

Especially when people pay for an item "up front" they want to KNOW what happened to their money/order when their item is not delivered on time & they get very worried when the place that they ordered from "does a disappearing act" into The Twilight Zone and they hear nothing at all concerning their purchase.

THEN they don't know if it was lost in the mail or somebody stole the package off their front porch...or their order fell through the cracks & got lost...they Don't Know & The Not Knowing...kills them. Trust me that is TRUE!

And also that "gun folks" are decently forgiving people when it comes to delivery times as long as they are somehow contacted to let them know that there will be some delay (for a good reason)

Also that holster delivery times are IMPORTANT because folks cannot carry their intended firearm if they don't have a rig for it. They know that they can't carry that great new firearm until the holster arrives. That gets people very POed when the delay starts dragging into weeks & then a delay of More Than A Month & you have have lost a customer for life...in addition to all of the potential customers that they've told not to buy there.

And if you DO keep a customer waiting weeks past a scheduled delivery time then some sort of extra compensation would be nice. Like a few dollars rebate - or maybe a reimbursed shipping cost - or a complimentary mag holder.

Once a gun related company gets a bad reputation on the Internet these days and the "Don't Buy A Holster From XXX Holster Co.!!" start infiltrating the various Gun Forums ~ then a company will never know how many dollars in sales They Are Losing because people Don't Order their product.
    Buyers just don't want to risk getting crapped around when there are LOTS of other makers out there to choose from.

AND...a good FRIENDLY prompt "Return and Replacement" policy is mandatory on Internet Sales since folks are buying sight unseen.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier
    Daily Beatings? Sounds like Bumper's been there! Has the morale improved since the beatings began?
    Hey, Ex, that would be Bud doing the beatings. Bumper is too much the gentleman to bruise his hands or to damage his Nighthawk by beating someone. He turns it over to Bud.

We both know that we are joking, but since this might be read by some who do not I am inserting this disclaimer.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

QKshooter
    Thank you sir, yes this whole post will be helpful in our next meeting. And it should be easy as all of us at Blade-tech will agree with what has been said. I think we will just have to get the line of communication flowing better from the time the customer calls to the actual production of the holster or products that are being manufactured. With over 30 holsters techs in the shop,along with hundreds of orders, sometimes there are confusions, but we will work on that. Those who have been with us for the last 11 years know that customer service is priority, sometimes it might not seem so. But its taken seriously at Blade-Tech and will remain a priority. Thank you all once again for your comments and support and also the professionalism shown by the moderators and members on this site.
    Skygod: Please make sure you contact me on that holster swap..
    Tom Crawford
    Manager
    Blade-Tech Ind.
    tom@blade-tech.com

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg
    Hey, Ex, that would be Bud doing the beatings. Bumper is too much the gentleman to bruise his hands or to damage his Nighthawk by beating someone. He turns it over to Bud.

We both know that we are joking, but since this might be read by some who do not I am inserting this disclaimer.
    DANG! You're RIGHT! Sorry Bumper. Well they both do start with a "B!" Bud does have that as his signature.....so I hope everybody know's we're joking! As for Bud....nobody knows but Bud....
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Administrator
    Tom you should know that all of those (above) complaints were not directed toward Blade Tech specifically.
    They are the major complaints from past forum threads where folks have had various troubles with merchandise in general that they have ordered on line or by phone from firearm related businesses.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier
    DANG! You're RIGHT! Sorry Bumper. Well they both do start with a "B!" Bud does have that as his signature.....so I hope everybody know's we're joking! As for Bud....nobody knows but Bud....
    I know Nothing

Exclamation Tom has e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    Tom you should know that all of those complaints were not directed to Blade Tech specifically.
    They are the major complaints from past forum threads where folks have had various troubles with merchandise in general that they have ordered on line or by phone from firearm related businesses.
    Tom you have an e-mail from me and I used the address you have at the end of your posts, so I guess it's the business one.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

btw Tom......love the holster! have to get me a mag holder now =o)

ExSoldier,

Normally, I would agree with you. Too many people with specific jobs to do and information not being shared correctly, punching in the wrong code, all of these things would be true. But, I made sure that I spoke with the same person everytime. I'm not going to give his name, because I'm not that type of person. But, he was very incompetant and just kept apoligizing, which was nice but it didn't get my holster to me any faster.

NY27,
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Exclamation Don't tell me....tell the BOSS!

Quote Originally Posted by NY27
    But, I made sure that I spoke with the same person everytime. I'm not going to give his name, because I'm not that type of person. But, he was very incompetent and just kept apoligizing, which was nice but it didn't get my holster to me any faster. NY27,
    Good for you. Nor do I WANT to know. But you've GOT to tell TOM 'cause he's the BOSS. The guy won't lose his job I'm sure. But he'll get some guidance and some oversight to make sure he meets the company standard. So please, Tom's e-mail is at the end of every one of his posts. E-mail HIM, ASAP.

Well....this is my first post so I figure that I'll introduce myself.

I'm a recent employee to Blade-Tech Industries. I am the new Chief Operating Officer. I was hired because the company found themselves in the situation which many successful companies so often do. I believe that someone here said that "they are a victim of their own success"....WELL SAID!! This company's history started in a kitchen. One man with an idea. This man is a very well respected person in the industry. He is also an avid shooter/hunter. When you operate a business at this level, the challenges are much different than when you hit a large corporate level. The rules/demands change. No longer are you just keeping your buddies happy along with a handful of customers. You now have contracts, lawyers and a billion other things to worry about. At this point, you enjoy the fabulous success in the form of increased backlogs, overdue deadlines, unhappy customers and financial fun in the form of increased debt. If you are not aware of such wonderful things, it can turn ugly overnight. You must make changes or you will drown.

BT has started to implement these changes. If any of you have enjoyed the success of a small business, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Let me say that we totally understand what is being said here. When I first started with the company, there was much more of this type of negative talk than there is now. We could hardly keep up with the nasty phone calls. Now, we are starting to get a handle on it. Tom is at the hub of our implementation (everyone pat him on the back now :D )

One thing that I want to make clear is that we DID make the decision to push up orders for troops being deployed. We are proud supporters of our troops. We've been beat up by other customers for saying this, but it is a company decision which I believe to be sound. It takes extra effort on our part, and doesn't work out well a lot of the time with respect to our production line, but we support our military and we will do what we can to provide them with the best tools possible in order to save lives. If this is a crime.....we're absolutely guilty.

Now let's get down to our future.

If you guys are ready to be once again blown away by the little guy in the industry.....then hold on to your seats. BT is regrouping and getting a good grip on what's next. We already have a few goodies hitting the market (check out the next issue of hangunner magazine) which will be very unique. We also have a great many items in our think tank that we would love to get on the market quickly.....but we need to get our backlog down first and foremost. (BTW.....our dealer backlog is down from 14 weeks to 3 weeks now so you may just knock on their door for smaller order.). By the time the next SHOT show hits, I'm sure you will see what I'm talking about.

OK.....I could go on for days and have probably bored you enough :) I personally want to thank you guys for bringing problems to our attention. I respect your attitudes and patience toward our company. If you have ANY issues (employee of otherwise), please let Tom know so that we can resolve it. E-mailing the employee's name to Tom would be a good idea so that we can mend the problem. Be specific with issues. The more information that we have, the better we can serve you guys. We want to get rid of the reputation of late deliveries. You all seem to agree that we have a great product......but delivery is a huge part of customer satisfaction. We are working on that and want to keep our loyal customers coming back. Keep the ideas coming guys.

Steve
    Blade-tech newbie
    steve@blade-tech.com

Love my BT UCH

Hi all,

By way of introduction, I'm a newbie to these forums, a recent convert from pdo. Now on to topic...

I find it quite unfortunate that you all seem to have had negative experiences with BT. Mine was quite contrary! I had placed an order for a UCH holster for my P99 about 6 weeks prior to the first day of a two weekend advanced defensive pistol course. Knowing the backorder situation up front, I wasn't holding my breath to have the holster and mag holder in time for the course. At the end of the sixth week I sent an email to BT to get a status update at which time I mentioned what I would be using the equipment for. The customer service rep that responded said that she would look into it. Not only did she look into it, she followed up on it with another email, facilitated getting the order wrapped up, and priority shipped to me in time to wrap up the course on the second weekend. Not only was I impressed with the service, I love the holster and I believe it will be THE holster of choice for any further pistols I may be unable to resist... :D

Sincerely,
    MC

Well, an update to my earlier post of my order of an ultimate carry holster for my Beretta PX4. Just received an email that it was shipped to me and I should receive (checked tracking) on Monday, August 7th. Original order was on May 6th. So that makes just over 13 weeks for delivery.
    Ralph
    NRA Life Member
    "Don't ever confuse being familiar with being safe."

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    I have a UCH for my Ruger P95. It took slightly longer than the quoted ship time, and I had to initiate contact to find out when it would actually ship. It didn't arrive when they said it would; so I contacted them again only to be told that the holster had arrived at my house. I got a little testy this time. I had to later apologize when I found the holster. It had arrived on the second quoted ship date, but my wife had gotten it and put it where she thought that I would find it.

I don't use the UCH that much, but it was as advertised.

I bought a G19 last fall. Since I already had a G27, I figured the B-T IWB that would fit both would be a good buy. Unfortunately, they didn't have one in stock, and they didn't seem to fired up to make me one. They did give the name of a dealer that might have some in stock, but I was out of luck there as well.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links