Clipdraw

This is a discussion on Clipdraw within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I find that the Clipdraw is the best way to carry concealed. They now make them for just about every gun. The Clipdraw enables you ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clipdraw

Clipdraw

I find that the Clipdraw is the best way to carry concealed. They now make them for just about every gun. The Clipdraw enables you to conceal your handgun without having to worry about putting on and taking off holsters. You have a lot of options as far as where to carry your gun. The Clipdraw also provides enough retension to where you don't have to worry about loosing your gun. you can find out more info on their website.
    http://www.clipdraw.com

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array 4my son's Avatar
    dragon,

Welcome to the forum.

It is a nice idea, but the main drawback, is the trigger is exposed. Either while inserting the weapon into positin, or during a draw. You are at risk for a ND. That will get you hurt, someone else hurt, or at the least in a lot of trouble.

If it works for you, and you like it. That's your call, but I don't think you will find many people that want to take that risk.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Talking

Hmmmm...

While my initial oppinion of the clipdraw one of admiration for inovative design.... I was later educated.

Great Idea, but at what cost...?

No bulky holsters, but why would you rick leaving the trigger exposed for possibleproblems...

GLOCKS and Wheel guns are Pull Trigger = Bang Guns... In my personal oppinion, a good holster that COVERS the trigger guard would be ideal for ANY gun that is carried with one in the pipe.

SAFE-T Blocks are out there but they can fall out as well or become lodged at the wrong time... Just another thing to worry about doing before you engage your assailant...

K.I.S.S (Keep It Short & Simple)

Good Holster that covers the trigger guard.

Practice draw from concealed position.

Get out enough to throw lead down range.

It comes down to simplicities:

Fast Draw and target accusition - Slow is smooth, Smooth is FAST...!

and having a reliable gun that you are intimatly familiar with and practice with often...

Thats about it...

Hope I did not get too off track...

OH, and printed at least on the GLOCK Cipdraw it Specifically states NOT to use for a gun with round in chamber...

a Gun without one in the pipe makes a great paperweight.
    ::: NRA Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor, Military Veteran, Public Safety Professional :::

Lead Moderator
    I don't lie having the trigger & mag release exposed, nor the gun being able to shift while wearing the clip draw.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I have one and agree with the responders above, hence it remains unused. A couple of additional thoughts: there is nothing between you and the gun except your clothing, if you perspire (likely you will) your sweat will do a BUNCH of corrosion damage to the gun; there are protrusions on guns eg. hammer, extended grip safety, that are decidedly uncomfortable when pressed into your side; the safety can be "rubbed" off. A good holster solves these problems.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

I tried a clipdraw on a 1911 for a while. My problem was that I want the gun in the same place all the time - so I know exactly where to get it. With the clipdraw, the gun moves around... and then I'm trying to reposition it and it just didn't work for me.
    Oddly enough, I've used those Barami hip grips on little Smith & Wessons and had better luck - they tended to stay in one place.
    I agree with the others here that a holster is the best way to go.

and if you have a leather fetish - whats a guy to do?

tec
    Personally, I use and love my clipdraw on my xd45acp. It does not move around on me and my XD has the grip safety. I have walked around and even worked (plumbing / construction) with the XD cocked and totally empty of any ammo as a test of using the clipdraw. It never dry fired, never moved around on me. After that test I felt comfortable using it and have not had any problems with using it. But, To each his own.

ClipDraw

I did fail to mention, I do use a "Safety Block", they are adjustable, so they can have a little or a lot of tention, we tested it & tested it & tested it, and found it to work evertime. Practive is everything.
    Yes, I do carry one in the chamber, nd agree that a gun not kept in the ready position is usless.
    I have been carring guns like this for almost 8 years and have not had a problem. I went as far as playing a game of volley ball, and have had no problems with the gun staying were it's suppose to be, if you wair the right clothing that provide good retension, it will stay where you want it. I have had numerous law Enforcement, Military, and individuals that I employ at my range, and for my training company. Everyone who has tested it, likes it.
    I have 2 boxes at home filled with holsters ranging from $10 in price to as much as $80. I have just about every style you can possibly imagine, and I find that the clipdraw is my best choice.
    As far as perspiring goes, it's a glock, That's all I have to say.

I read on a clip draw... They "Recomend" you do not carry your gun in the "Ready to fire position."

They recomend chamber empty when using the clip draw.. There's my the only reason I need to avoid their product.
    Cody

ClipDraw

The only reason why they recommend you carring with the chamber empty, is for liability purposes.

I don't know of anyone who carries an empty chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonov
    The only reason why they recommend you carring with the chamber empty, is for liability purposes.

I don't know of anyone who carries an empty chamber.
    IMO, that stands to reason. There will be more liability with the clip draw than with a traditional holster that covers the trigger.
    Sarhog
    NRA Life Member
    Northwest Florida Defensive Pistol Shooters Member
    Sarhog's gallery

Clipdraw

I am just curious, can any one tell me of a situation where a gun discharged whether in a holster or in a clipdraw?

Quote Originally Posted by dragonov
    I am just curious, can any one tell me of a situation where a gun discharged whether in a holster or in a clipdraw?

Clipdraw you are 60% more likely to have a ND.. I think I'll avoid this product and stick to holsters..

I just don't see the point of buying a 10 dollar clip for a gun.. Even Nylon is a step up from this...
    Cody

Clipdraw

60 percent? I would like to know who came up with these stats?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links