Holster for Wife

Holster for Wife

This is a discussion on Holster for Wife within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; SWMBO told me tonight that she wants to start carrying her Kimber Ultra Carry or get an LC9. I say Ok we need to get ...

Thread: Holster for Wife

Holster for Wife

SWMBO told me tonight that she wants to start carrying her Kimber Ultra Carry or get an LC9. I say Ok we need to get you a holster and then she hits me with the question to which I haven't found the answer.

She wants to carry at 6 oclock IWB.

One factor that will be relevant is I married a big Tennessee farm girl, if that puts it delicately enough.

Can anyone offer suggestions especially regarding a holster maker?

Thanks

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Have your wife take a look at this YouTube video in order for her to have an idea of the concealed carry options available for women. I strongly advise her against carrying at 6 o'clock IWB because if she happens to fall backwards for whatever reason then she could seriously injure her spine. Also, it will be very uncomfortable for her to drive and sit down comfortably since the pistol and holster will be right on her spine and the crack of her butt. I think the best position is between 3 o'clock and 5 o'clock.

As far as holsters, I think that a Crossbreed Supertuck or a Minotaur MTAC by Comp-Tac are the two best options for IWB concealed carry.

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

If she is a big girl, reaching around to 6:00 under stress, lifting her cover garment, and drawing would be very difficult. It's hard enough for anybody. As mentioned, it's also the most uncomfortable location to carry a gun. Kramer makes a belt holster specifically for a woman's curves. Check it out.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I second the CrossBreed.

Another option is the Remora No-Clip.

Either one offers many different carry styles.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

G32
    Try SHTF Gear, I've had a great experience with them, best I've found so far. www.shtfgear.com

If you or your wife have not seen it, Kathy Jackson's website, The Cornered Cat, has a lot of information, including a section on holsters, from a woman's point of view.

The Cornered Cat

If a woman has "curves" (hips), any holster without an offset tends to push the muzzle out and drive the butt into her side. If the barrel is short and/or the gun canted, depending on the woman's specific build, this can be good up to a point, for concealment, but becomes a problem beyond that point. Women, who have a feminine shape, definitely have a more difficult time than men finding a workable holster for concealed carry.

Good luck! And, share what you learn with us.
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life)

Sponsored Links