White dress shirt and a shoulder holster - Page 2

White dress shirt and a shoulder holster

This is a discussion on White dress shirt and a shoulder holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You might even try a "Smart Carry". ...sorry, couldn't help it....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White dress shirt and a shoulder holster

You might even try a "Smart Carry".

...sorry, couldn't help it.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

You aren't going to be able to do an under the shirt carry with a white dress shirt, it's going to show. You can get away with the blue, though. Any kind of pattern will help break the lines, maybe you could do a conservative print to the shirt with a solid tie. I have the kangaroo holster with a Kahr PM9 and it works very well. The only suggestion I would make is to add a second shoulder strap on the opposite side (easily done with velcro) so the gun can't work its way forward (the grip poking forward as the holster slowly rotates as you move) With the right gun and shirt, though, it defintiely works.

Smartcarry works OK, but I like to wear pants that, while not tight, are also not baggy. You need pretty loose pants to pull off the smartcarry thing with dress pants, as the fabric tends to be more "clingy" (Wool, polyester blends, whatever)
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

If you want to carry a j-frame I have a suggestion that worked for me. Safariland and Bianch use to make an upside down shoulder holster.(not sure if it is still available) My Bianchi would conceal a SW 442 under a dress shirt. Just a thought.

For keeping your shirt tails tucked in, try wearing shirt stays. We wore them in the academy to keep our uniforms pulled tight and tucked in while being "PT'd". Try your local law enforcement supply store. They helped quite a bit.

You should be able to use a tuckable holster then. If not, have a tailor shorten the tails.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

I use a PF-9 in a crossbreed (it's tuckable) every Sunday. I bought the velcro "V" clips for one side. No one has ever even had any kind of idea that I'm carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    I agree with paullie, mfcmb, I dont think it would be easy enough to get to the weapon if one has to unbutton a dress shirt then unvelcro a tshirt, then draw and present. just my two cents, which with a doller and 9 cents will get you a cup of coffee at mickey d's
    I like the draw with the 5.11 Tactical holster shirt. There's no retaining strap to monkey with: you just jam your hand into the opening and down the "tunnel" to grab the gun, breaking the velcro closure at the opening. But yes, since the opening is at chest level you either need a shirt that's stretchy enough that you can pull the hem up to chest level, or sew snaps behind the buttons so it's easy to break open the shirt front.
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

Thanks, guys for all the responses. The "hugging" thing would not be a huge issue, but it is something that I forgot about. From everything I have experienced while carrying, I just do not see how the Smart Carry would be comfortable. I have tried my gun up front before, and I just don't like it. If anything really, really bad happens, I guess I'd rather blow my bottom off then the other option .

The magnet under the pulpit sounds like a bad idea. One, like a guy mentioned, I'm not there all the time, and two, other people are.

Right now, I'm kind of leaning toward ankle carry as my best and most "out of the way" option. I probably will need a smaller gun though. Now I just need to figure out how I can make this a "ministry related" purchase. Hum . . .

The SmartCarry is very comfortable when standing, and depending on your build might or not be uncomfortable when sitting. It's very safe when the gun is holstered and when drawing, but you do have to pay close attention when holstering.

Another approach I haven't seen mentioned is the Pager Pal holster. It slips down inside your pants til it's just below belt level, and is made of leather. You mount a pager cellphone case at the top to act as a decoy, and as a handle for the holster. You grab this "handle" and pull the holster up, making the gun available to your second hand. Haven't tried it myself...
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

Administrator
    If you decide to try an ankle holster then opt for an Alessi.
    http://shop.alessigunholsters.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links