Revolver Speed Loader Dump Pouch Review

This is a discussion on Revolver Speed Loader Dump Pouch Review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Forum Member Haystacker aka Jeff of Hays Holsters made a custom HKS Speed Loader Dump Pouch for my HKS 6 shot .357 Magnum speed loader ...

Forum Member Haystacker aka Jeff of Hays Holsters made a custom HKS Speed Loader Dump Pouch for my HKS 6 shot .357 Magnum speed loader for my Ruger Service Six Revolver. See pics below.

First of all, it is easy to get on and off your belt without having to remove your belt. Once on, it stays exactly where you put it. Very secure.

It is also SUPER EASY TO USE. In a smooth motion, you pop the snap and raise the flap and it deposits the speed loader into your hand knob first.

I can't imagine anything being any easier to use and still conceal your speed loader with easy and quick access. I tried it with my 5 shot HKS with both .357 and .38 and it works great with it too!!! So I get to use this product with my Ruger SP101 and S&W 442 as well. That's versatility.

Here are some pics:
    Attached Images
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

OO now that's interesting. Y'all need to stop posting stuff from Jeff dangit. I've got a holster and speed strip pouch on the way...now I'm going to have to follow this and see if it's something that i'd want. Except I'd need about 5 of them. Anyone hiring in the Orlando area? I think I'm going to need another source of income :)

anyway you can make a quick vid of it in action?

Very interesting. I haven't seen one like it. I think it would be especially good for use with the Safariland Comp I speedloader that doesn't have a lot of stem to grasp when you need the reload. Looks great BugDude.

That looks like it should work quite well.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I have speedloaders not dump pouches for my Colt Python 6 inch barrel with shoulder holster. All the way back to the Original Dade Speed Loaders used in the movie"Magnum Force". They are fast and still work after all these 30+ years...Also have a lot of HKS Speedloaders.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

The design is awesome. The quality of the work and the leather is awesome too. It will last a lifetime. I'm sure Jeff can design one around any type or brand of speed loader. For a revolver guy (and I fall into that category with the Service Six, SP101, 442, 49, etc.), this is the next best thing since sliced bread. I think he has absolutely nailed it with this product and design. It's a home run in my book. He should be selling these things by the truckload.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Cool

Very nice and innovative. I still use the Safariland Split -Six for my SP-101 with HKS Speedloaders but this new design has potential.
    photo.jpg
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I have been using the HKS speed loader's for all of my revolver's now for the past 25+ yrs & love them for quick reloading, etc. I carry the double pouch one's & conceal on my belt with no problems what so ever.

NOt bad looking work, but i prefer the split six just a little bit better at concelment

Quote Originally Posted by Dave James View Post
    NOt bad looking work, but i prefer the split six just a little bit better at concelment
    I was doing some of that "thinking outside the box" stuff. Works pretty slick. I made one specifically for the 5 round HKS speed loader today.
    NRA Life Member

How much would one of these cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Sleipnir View Post
    How much would one of these cost?
    I was asking $20.00 for one and $35.00 for two, includes shipping.

I have been working on the quick strip dump pouch too. I will be able to have them all built tomorrow. I will try and have them out this Sat.
    Jeff
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    Very nice and innovative. I still use the Safariland Split -Six for my SP-101 with HKS Speedloaders but this new design has potential.
    photo.jpg
    Man... that pic oozes nostalgia. A revolver, speed loaders, and a lock-back folder. It ain't a Buck 110, but its close enough...

You EDC that rig? I still have my issued 2.5" M-66, Bianchi belt slide holster, and a Split Six for SafariLand Comp II loader, from the pre semi-auto days.

Hopefully, it was my two HKS Speedloader pouches that you were making! Looking forward to getting them!

Links