Any company manufacturers modern styled gun belts?

This is a discussion on Any company manufacturers modern styled gun belts? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for a belt that I can wear around town, but will still provide a good amount of support for a holstered handgun. Most ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any company manufacturers modern styled gun belts?

Any company manufacturers modern styled gun belts?

I'm looking for a belt that I can wear around town, but will still provide a good amount of support for a holstered handgun. Most gunbelts I've seen simply look too "old" or "western" for my tastes. No offense, but I'm just not a fan of the rattlesnake skin, basketweave, or heavily stitched look that seems to be the rage. I do have a Wilderness Tactical gun belt and a few 5.11 rigger's belt, but they scream "tacticool" and you can't really wear them with a casual suit.

I'm looking for something with a clean simple, modern look (like a Kenneth Cole or DKNY). The only one i've seen so far are passable are the Liger belts that Maxpedition sells. But even that looks a tad too "industrial".

2. Remove Ads

Check the full 5.11 line. They have some that you can use with dress slacks. They aren't perfectly corporate, but they're pretty good. I've got some fairly high-end dress belts that are extremely rigid but the problem is they are too thin, width-wise. They work OK for IWB, but for OWB you really need a dedicated gunbelt.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    Check the full 5.11 line. They have some that you can use with dress slacks. They aren't perfectly corporate, but they're pretty good. I've got some fairly high-end dress belts that are extremely rigid but the problem is they are too thin, width-wise. They work OK for IWB, but for OWB you really need a dedicated gunbelt.
    Yeah I saw the casual belt, but reviews aren't very positive on it's finish. I'll be carrying a Kahr CW9, which weighs a whopping 14 ounces so the belt doesn't have to be the strongest in the world.

Check out the beltman. His belts are excellent and go well on most occasions.

Check out High Noon leather belts...simply the firmest belt I've ever owned.

Belts
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

FW21

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    A & G Custom Gun Leather

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    AKJ Concealco; outstanding belts and the the buckle is the best design I've ever seen. I can't explain it well so read about it on the site. I have a black with silver buckle that I wear with suits and dress pants for business. I have a brown one with brass buckle that I can wear with Jeans but it looks good on dockers or even tan dress pants. They're outstanding. I have one with the plastic insert. It's stiff and good for large guns like commander sized 1911's. For anything else the regular double thickness is good.

I know what you mean and I feel the same way. Check out AKJ Concealco. they also make a good value IWB holster and their snap on mag pouches are the best I've ever used.

Gideon

A & G Custom Gun Leather. Really clean style.

I wear a Galco SB3 in Havana brown every day with khakis and polo shirts. I'd have no qualms about wearing it with slacks. It's one of the few so-called "dress" gun belts that can actually pass muster (IMHO) as a real dress belt. It gives me great support with my Kahr CW9 and my bigger, heavier Springfield XD45.
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

For a 14 oz Kahr you might want to try a 1 1/4" belt. Stylish but still a nice platform for your gun.
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

Another endorsement for A&G Custom Gunleather
    I have a 1 1/4" black belt that I wear every day with jeans, khakis, even dress pants.

Aker's leather, polymer re-inforced gun belt;

Aker Image Page

I've owned one for almost 17 yrs now and is still going strong, although I prefer the Wilderness 5 stitch belt, since I bought one of those 4 yrs ago.
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

The Cabela's "Double Duty" belt is pretty good. Replace the buckle with something a bit more stylish, and you're in business.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links