Is my dream shoulder rig out there?

This is a discussion on Is my dream shoulder rig out there? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wish I could find a shoulder rig that was: 1. washable and not damaged by sweat 2. available in a light tan or white ...

I wish I could find a shoulder rig that was:

1. washable and not damaged by sweat
    2. available in a light tan or white as well as black or brown
    3. wider where it crosses the shoulders to support a heavier gun
    4. extremely thin, form-fitting, yet stable and comfortable
    5. very smooth and without lumps and bumps
    6. breathable and cool to wear
    7. safe but very fast holster
    8. holds gun close and stable without undue pressure

I know about the various chest bands (i.e. Kangaroo Carry), holster shirts, and the Ken Null rigs which sound great for small light guns.

It seems as though with all the synthetic materials out there someone could have designed a shoulder rig that would advance the art a bit further. Have I missed it?

You will have sweeping issues with a shoulder rig. I have done that and it is not very neat for your friends. You need to look at a waste held gun holster that goes under shirts that are every day carry. All said and done. Lots of options there! Miami Vice died several years ago....
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Thanks for the advice BT. Yeah shoulder holsters get a lot of negative press, I've been reading a lot of discussions about them. If I ever feel like I have something new to add to those I'll be sure and start a thread so we can hash it out. I have checked out WB carry too.

Meanwhile I'm going to try shoulder carry and I'd like to know if there are any advanced designs out there that I've missed.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I bought a shoulder holster specifically for use with a tuxedo. It's also good to have to wear when I want to have a gun while I'm in running shorts at home. I ended up wearing for a few weeks after I had surgery and couldn't wear a belt. For me, it's the best option for occasions when a belt is not an option. Mine is a Galco Jackass.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Links