Glock 29 Guys: What OWB are you using?

This is a discussion on Glock 29 Guys: What OWB are you using? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Seeing as Florida hopefully is going to open carry soon I'm considering switching to primarily OWB carry, as questionable printing would be ok. I'm looking ...

Thread: Glock 29 Guys: What OWB are you using?

Glock 29 Guys: What OWB are you using?

Seeing as Florida hopefully is going to open carry soon I'm considering switching to primarily OWB carry, as questionable printing would be ok.

I'm looking for a high-ride slight cant deal, preferably from a manufacturer that knows how to work sharkskin.

What are you guys using? I'm asking because with the 29 being a lot thicker than some of the other Glocks you can't use the same holsters. Meaning that they are hard to find to try out locally, for example. I'd like it to ride nice and tight agains't my side; I wear at 3:30 or 4:00 O'clock.

Pics would rock!
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    I frequently carry a G-29. I went with a Dale Fricke Kydex holster. The Gideon Elite model. In fact I have a Gideon for all my pistols. But I have prewtty much settled on a G-29 for colder weather when I have more garment play options, and a G-27 for the summer.

Dale Fricke Holsters

Thanks for the feedback sir!
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

I would check out the Black Ops Pro from Pure Kustom Holsters. My husband has one for his G29 and it is very tight to his body. The Black Ops Pro can be worn as OWB or IWB, which is great for him because some days he needs to conceal carry.

www.purekustomholsters.com

I carry a Glock 30SF and I have learned to love Looper Leather products.
    Glock 36, 30SF, 31, 32, 21 Gen4 - Carry guns
    Ruger Mini-14 and Remington 870 by the bed both wearing Surefire lights.
    Always carry a knife-they are handy to have
    Always carry a reload-You probably won't need it but it is good insurance .
    Always carry a light- To see in the dark

I have always liked the Kramer Belt Scabbard for OWB carry. When I do carry OWB I use one for my G29, 1911 , HK P2000 and my Sig P229.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    For the short time I carried a G29, I used a Galco Concealable. Had I stayed with it, I probably would have ordered a custom rig eventually, but I admitted to myself the G29 was just too chunky for my hands, which are not blessed with long-enough fingers. (The G29SF, with its smaller grip, has my attention.)

I carried my G30 (same size as your 29) in a Bianchi Carrylok OWB. Mine is actually for a G21, but the G30 works just fine in it.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Links