Comptac infidel holster?

Comptac infidel holster?

This is a discussion on Comptac infidel holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm considering one of these for my Beretta 92 but I've never worn a plastic IWB holster before. Are plastic iwb rigs comfortable or is ...

Comptac infidel holster?

I'm considering one of these for my Beretta 92 but I've never worn a plastic IWB holster before. Are plastic iwb rigs comfortable or is leather better? Thanks for any help.
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

Cool

I like leather myself and it is much more friendly on the finish of the firearm.

photo.jpg

High Noon Public Secret holster

photo.JPG

Side Guard holster

photo.jpg

Arizonia Gun Leather holster
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I've used the infidel with a commander size 1911 and an XD9SC. both worked great and I didn't have any wear or finish issues.

Leather and kydex will both wear the finish on any firearm. I think Comp-tac makes good stuff. In factory kydex, I would go with them or Blade-tech.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I use the Comptac for my G19 daily. As far as comfort level goes I don't even notice it's there. Finish, well, just like leather it's going to depend on how much use it gets. Both will wear the finish under enough use.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

I switched from 20 years of leather to kydex.

Now I'm seriously considering a hybrid. There are a few that use basically half of the shell directly mounted to the leather. It prevents kydex / skin contact (yuck), provides a thinner than typical profile, and won't interfere with re-holstering.

I read on another post of a guy who ventilated his backside because his worn leather holster protruded into the trigger guard as he was "adjusting" his weapon. He said the "wound" could be covered by a band aid but he killed his car seat.
    Courage is endurance for one moment more…

Hollowpoints might expand, but bullets won't shrink.

Μολών Λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by crabbys44 View Post
    I switched from 20 years of leather to kydex.

Now I'm seriously considering a hybrid. There are a few that use basically half of the shell directly mounted to the leather. It prevents kydex / skin contact (yuck), provides a thinner than typical profile, and won't interfere with re-holstering.

I read on another post of a guy who ventilated his backside because his worn leather holster protruded into the trigger guard as he was "adjusting" his weapon. He said the "wound" could be covered by a band aid but he killed his car seat.
    Keep in mind that we don't have the entire story on that, as well a broken holster is a broken holster. It really doesn't matter the material it's made of, you can find plenty of times where kydex, ABS etc holsters have cracked and failed. I submit that a piece of plastic entering the trigger guard in that situation would have caused the same problem, so I wouldn't put too fine of a point on the material of the holster in question.

It does however reinforce the point that carrying a gun concealed is a responsibility and as a result we need to be sure that our holsters/guns are in good working order and don't have any flaws that could cause that type of situation. Inspect holsters here and there, and buy the best gear that works for you, whatever the materials you prefer.

To the topic I prefer leather IWB, everyone has their own opinions but I prefer to have a little more flex than kydex tends to provide, leather tends to move with the body and while it can dig in depending on the design. It is much less likely to occur in my experience vs. Kydex. That's not to say that kydex doesn't have it's place, I'm just still not sold that kydex against the body is the answer, but like I said there are certainly people who will disagree.

Take care!

Luke

Better than the Infidel is the Comp-Tac Minataur hybrid.
    Leather against skin/kydex shell for smooth draw.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

I have a Comp-Tac Infidel for my Glock 17 and just ordered one for my Sig 220 they are the best holsters for carring a big gun I ever used. I also bought one for my son who is a police Officer for his off duty Glock 23 and he loves it

Links