IWB for a M&P9c LOng Motorcycle Rides

This is a discussion on IWB for a M&P9c LOng Motorcycle Rides within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I need a recommendation on an IWB Holster for the M&P9c while I am on a motorcycle. I've looked at the Galco and it feels ...

Thread: IWB for a M&P9c LOng Motorcycle Rides

I need a recommendation on an IWB Holster for the M&P9c while I am on a motorcycle. I've looked at the Galco and it feels pretty confortable. However, I shift in the seat while on long bike rides and there is no strap to keep the pistol from possibly working out of the holster. Not sure if that would happen, but it was just something I thought about. Any suggestions?

I ride while carrying IWB, and I've never had an issue with the gun working out of the holster. Of course it all depends on the seating position and length of the slide, I could see where your concern might come from. Have you tried just shifting around on the bike while in the garage or something? Try and see if you can work the gun out on purpose. My guess is that the gun won't go anywhere, but if it does you may want to consider an OWB holster with a retention strap.
    Current armament:
    Ruger 10/22
    Remington 870 Express 20ga.
    S&W M&P40c
    S&W 642

I have the galco triton kydex iwb. The "snap" is very positive and I have worn it on my bike with no worries of it coming out. I will admit that kydex is not the most comfortable on the bike but it works very well.

I ride with an IWB from Tucker Gunleather with no problems. You might also try a shoulder holster if you have a cover garmet or one of those vests with a built in holster.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Don't want to hijack this thread, but I've been thinking about getting a vest with a holster, gun pocket built in, any users of these have some advise for me?
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Take a look at the Comp-Tac MTAC holster, it has adjustable retention screws so you can tighten it down if needed. I don't ride a motorcycle but I spend quite a few hours behind the wheel of a car and I've never had my M&P 40c ride up out of the holster.

Sponsored Links