Holsters for the Kahr CW9

This is a discussion on Holsters for the Kahr CW9 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just bought one of these off GunBroker and am waiting on its arrival right now. But I'd like to do a good search for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just bought one of these off GunBroker and am waiting on its arrival right now. But I'd like to do a good search for a carry holster for it in the mean time.

I have looked at several holster makers sites and seen only a few that make a holster specifically for the CW9. Can anyone tell me if there is another Kahr model that is the same dimensions as the CW9 that there are more holster options available that will work for the CW9 as well?

Otherwise, can anyone point me in the right direction for holsters made for the CW9?

Thanks in advance.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

The Kahr PM9 will take the same holster as will the P9 and TP9 I believe. Not really sure about the K9 and MK9 (I "think" they will also fit same).

I use Don Hume J.I.T. Slide for mine. I also have a Don Hume 721 O.T. Both my CW9 and PM9 fit both holsers. I doubt you want a paddle, but Bianchi makes a paddle that will fit it I think, and the Galco Matrix will fit.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

congrats on the new Kahr cw9..according to the Desantis web site,the cw9 and k9 will fit the same holsters..

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    The Kahr PM9 will take the same holster as will the P9 and TP9 I believe. Not really sure about the K9 and MK9 (I "think" they will also fit same).

I use Don Hume J.I.T. Slide for mine. I also have a Don Hume 721 O.T. Both my CW9 and PM9 fit both holsers. I doubt you want a paddle, but Bianchi makes a paddle that will fit it I think, and the Galco Matrix will fit.
    This is incorrect. If a closed bottom holster is made for a PM9, it will be too short for a cw9. The P9 and CW9 are the same size. The 40's are the same size as the 9s. If it's an open bottom holster, anything Kahr will fit then.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

FIST, Inc. FIST, Inc.[/url] FIST Holsters offers a broad selection of styles, feature options, colors in leather, or Kydex. I have several including 2 for a Kahr PM9. http://www.fist-inc.com
    Last edited by Paladin3840; March 21st, 2011 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Fixed link I hope

Quote Originally Posted by Jackle1886 View Post
    This is incorrect. If a closed bottom holster is made for a PM9, it will be too short for a cw9. The P9 and CW9 are the same size. The 40's are the same size as the 9s. If it's an open bottom holster, anything Kahr will fit then.
    Actually the 40's are slightly thicker than the 9, but that's the pain in the butt with some of these companies making very minor changes between guns in the same series with different calibers.

Luke

VIP Member
    I know the Comp-Tac MTAC can be had for a CW9. I'll second the Don Hume 721OT, I have them for several of my guns. Good value for an off the shelf holster, since the last one I bought was $45.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I like the 721 OT from Don Hume and I will probably end up with one of those as well. But I will probably start out with the H715-M seen here: H715-M W.C. [H715-M] - $30.20 : Don Hume Leathergoods, manufactures high quality leather and nylon goods.

Easy on and off so I can put it on and take it off easily when going to lunch from work. Thanks for suggesting Don Hume guys!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Hey .,... were you the one bidding against me ? I just bought one from Gunbroker as well. I got a good deal on it, because someone outbid me on another one. LOL. So, I'm looking for holsters too.

I'm thinking of getting a Don Hume, they are formed to them and I have other's of theirs that I like : Don Hume Leathergoods, manufactures high quality leather and nylon goods.

This is getting weird.

Added : you may like the 715 MWC, and I have a couple.... but I've found I like the 715 MSO more (& that's on a bigger gun) because it sits a touch lower and the angle makes it more comfortable when you have it on. I forget it's even there.
    Last edited by Eagleks; March 21st, 2011 at 10:14 PM.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

We list the CW9 3.5" and the CW 40 3.5" for almost the entire line.

Alex

I picked up a holster from www.holsterama.com at a gun show. The holster is an OWB open top pancake for a 3" Colt 1911. My CW9 fits the holster perfectly and it conceals very nicely under an oversized t-shirt.

The CW9 and P9 have the same dimensions.

If you want a hybrid IWB holster, the Comp-Tac MTAC is very good. It's also hugely adjustable so you can experiment until you find out what works best for you. And it's tuckable.

If you want a Kydex OWB holster, the Garret Industries Silent Thunder with a paddle mount is very good. The paddle mount holds the gun in tight, is easy to put on and off, and holds the gun securely in place. The cant is infinitely adjustable. And the leather lining make drawing and holstering smooth and silent.

There are lots of other choices, but I have personal experience with these two.
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Hey .,... were you the one bidding against me ? I just bought one from Gunbroker as well. I got a good deal on it, because someone outbid me on another one. LOL. So, I'm looking for holsters too.

I'm thinking of getting a Don Hume, they are formed to them and I have other's of theirs that I like : Don Hume Leathergoods, manufactures high quality leather and nylon goods.

This is getting weird.

Added : you may like the 715 MWC, and I have a couple.... but I've found I like the 715 MSO more (& that's on a bigger gun) because it sits a touch lower and the angle makes it more comfortable when you have it on. I forget it's even there.
    I may have been. Were you bidding on the used CW9 (500 rounds fired through it) with the seven round mag and an 8 round mag? Starting price $295? If so, then yes, that was me who out bid you.....
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

CMR
    I picked up a FIST holster for my CW40. Fits like a glove.
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I may have been. Were you bidding on the used CW9 (500 rounds fired through it) with the seven round mag and an 8 round mag? Starting price $295? If so, then yes, that was me who out bid you.....
    YES. LOL ..... and then it ran out of time before I got back to it. I ended up picking up a new one though. I also need a couple of mags....
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links