"Bush Wacker" Concealed Shoulder" ?

This is a discussion on "Bush Wacker" Concealed Shoulder" ? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was at the gun show today, and saw these shoulder holsters, and was wondering if anyone has used one? They are made like a ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By paramedic70002

Thread: "Bush Wacker" Concealed Shoulder" ?

"Bush Wacker" Concealed Shoulder" ?

I was at the gun show today, and saw these shoulder holsters, and was wondering if anyone has used one? They are made like a "belly band" but with much better material, and look like they would work well. Anyone ever seen or use one of these? If so I would like a little feedback on them. They do come with a lifetime guarantee. You really can't tell you are armed when wearing one.
    Guns Have Only Two Enemies: Rust and Politicians.

2. Remove Ads

I got one.. a few weeks ago at the Gun show in Raleigh.

I put it on as soon as I got home and wore my full sized Beretta PX4 storm and it was very light compared to wearing it on my hip.

When my wife got home I asked her if she could see my gun. She said no. I challenged her to find it. she did the usual patting me down around my belt, legs and ankles. she said you don't have it on. Her eyes got wide when I pulled out from under my arm!

I wear it when I want to conceal.

Looking forward to summer carry. I can wear a T shirt and nobody would ever suspect.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    BUSHWACKER HOLSTERS - Concealed Handgun Carry, Inc.

Here's a new one on Ebay for $55, I think it is the manufacturer's listing but I can not find if he has his own website.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/1105762...=263602_304662

I have a belly band that for me is more like a chest band since my belly is the most prominent part of my anatomy. I wear it like is shown in the link's pictures.

My problems:

1. Constricts breathing just enough to be annoying.

2. Sags slightly.

(These first two items can be resolved, I believe, by using the product that comes with the shoulder strap, but I don't like shoulder straps. the one I've seen is a straight up/down strap on the weapon side, which for me would be constantly slipping off my shoulder.)

3. The velcro closure ends up being either mid chest, causing a weird print on a plain shirt, or I have to spin it around to mid back, which pulls the under shirt into an uncomfortable mess that is nearly impossible to fix.

4. The firearm should be slightly more canted forward to minimize the awkward draw. I don't have a problem with a soft thumb snap to prevent dislodgement of the weapon.

I imagine this product has the same shortcomings, at a slightly higher price point.

It would be nice if a manufacturer would go the extra mile to make an exceptional band holster versus an acceptable one.
    swiftyjuan likes this.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    I imagine this product has the same shortcomings, at a slightly higher price point.
    Astute observation; I concur.

I found several different types of bellyband "holsters" not really suitable, back when I was a lithe youngster. Nowadays... no way, Jose.

While some may find this rig comfortable for all-day carry, I suspect most won't. Notice I said "all day"... anything can feel good for a few minutes around the house.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Looks too restrictive, seems to be along the lines of a concealed carry undershirt. Not practical for larger firearms. Get a regular shoulder rig.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Links