Glock 23 Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster/Kanagroo Holster

This is a discussion on Glock 23 Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster/Kanagroo Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have done a ton of searches on this topic and have not found anything explicitly in reference to using these two holsters with a ...

Thread: Glock 23 Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster/Kanagroo Holster

Glock 23 Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster/Kanagroo Holster

I have done a ton of searches on this topic and have not found anything explicitly in reference to using these two holsters with a Glock 23 (Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster or Kanagroo Holster ). Can anyone provide a review of using either one with the 23? I understand the “slow draw” and all of that but I wear a suit and tie everyday. I have the Raven tuck able holster and it is great for causal clothes but not with dress slacks. I would only wear this shoulder holster in the heat of the summer when I will be taking off my suit coat in public. Since both of the holsters are almost identical can anyone provide any input for using it with a Glock 23?

Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Cool

Welcome to the forum. I have no information on either holster but being a born and raised Marylander how did you get a CCW in "the Old Line State"?

You may want to take a look at a tuckable IWB like the High Noon Alter Ego.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod...alter_ego.html
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I don't have any experience with the two holsters that you mentioned, but I have carried my G23 in a 5.11 holster shirt, under a dress shirt and tie.

It conceals well enough, and I imagine that the others would work about the same. My only gripe about the 5.11 is that it's real hot. I can only wear it about 2 months out of the year in my neck of the desert.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I am retired Police so that assisted in gaining the permit.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gfranky14 View Post
    I am retired Police so that assisted in gaining the permit.
    I hate you!

(Just kidding, but you did get a Maryland permit.)

If you haven't found it already you might want to check out Maryland Shooters the sort of official Maryland shooting forum.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Well I did purchase a Kanagroo Carry Holster. Purchased it on a Saturday and received it on Monday! That was amazing. I tried it on immediatly and I have to say I am pretty impressed with the whole thing! It is simple made of cloth of course, extremly slow draw part of the nature of the holster but it leaves no printing and I was able to put my dress shirt on with no issues! This is what I was looking for. I tried several inside the pant holsters which worked great with jeans but after ruining a pair of suit pants (holster wore a spot through pants) it was not worth it to try again. So, on the says when I cant do an ankle or carry on the side this will work perfect! It is very comfortable and fits my G23 great!

A buddy came by with one and I tried it out, and liked it. I jumped around and bent over and my G23 stayed put even without the retention strap. Next step is to change out your shirt button(s) for a velcro attachment with a button cover so you don't have to undo buttons to draw.

Totally agree, I was really pretty impressed for a piece of cloth! The price is decent for what it is also. I am glad I found somethign that would work on those dress shirt days.

I don't have the G23, but I do have a Kangaroo holster. I wear it under a heavy jacket when the weather is cold (luckily not a frequent occurrence here in South Carolina). Unlike a previous poster, I found that I do have to use the retention strap or my S&W 6906 will fall out when I bend over. Otherwise, it works quite well.

A shoulder holster under a shirt does not work well for me because I am left handed (the shirt buttons in the wrong direction).
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Links