Beretta 96A2 holster... HELP!

This is a discussion on Beretta 96A2 holster... HELP! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have 2 guns I carry, a Sig P238 that I just love (it's adorable) and a Beretta 96A2 with a Picatinnay accessory rail along ...

Thread: Beretta 96A2 holster... HELP!

I have 2 guns I carry, a Sig P238 that I just love (it's adorable) and a Beretta 96A2 with a Picatinnay accessory rail along the bottom. I have having a very difficult time finding a concealed carry (or any carry for that matter) holster specific to this sidearm.

I have contacted Beretta and a couple different vendors like Fobus and Blackhawk but the only thing we can find close is the Beretta Vertec holsters, which according to Beretta will fit. But without it specifying my sidearm in particular I have been leery of getting it because I don't want a holster that fits OK, I want a holster I know wont have any problems.

Anyone have this sidearm and have a holster they like?

Call Rocky at Pure Kustom, he is a DC Forum member and sponsor, he also makes some very fine holsters. If you call him, tell him I sent you.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Unless Beretta went off the reservation on that particular model, any holster for the Model 92 equivalent will work fine.

I am not familiar with the A2 designation. Can you post a photo?

They did go off a bit... the rail along the bottom is pretty aggressive and any standard 92/96 holsters will just get torn up by the rail that runs below the slide. Even Beretta doesn't recommend using the other holsters.
    I made a quick image with the A1 (it says A2 on the receipt, I'm certain it's an A1) and the standard 92/96 Beretta superimposed over it in yellow.

Though the differences are VERY slight that rail will ruin any soft holster and just wont fit in a hard holster.

To narrow my search even more, I want a US made holster though I may be forced to settle. =D

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Thanks Dave

I can make it.
    Last edited by Pure Kustom; March 30th, 2011 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malice View Post
    They did go off a bit... the rail along the bottom is pretty aggressive and any standard 92/96 holsters will just get torn up by the rail that runs below the slide. Even Beretta doesn't recommend using the other holsters.
    I made a quick image with the A1 (it says A2 on the receipt, I'm certain it's an A1) and the standard 92/96 Beretta superimposed over it in yellow.

Though the differences are VERY slight that rail will ruin any soft holster and just wont fit in a hard holster.

To narrow my search even more, I want a US made holster though I may be forced to settle. =D

That looks like an A1 variant to me. You should be fine with any holster designed for a 92A1 or M9A1. I am sure that Pure Kustom can come up with something for you

have you looked to see what other Beretta owners on the Beretta Forum use?

I don't have a railed Beretta (yet), but I do have one of these h and it appears that it should work with a 92/96 with a rail. My only complaint is that the adjustable cant part causes it to hold the gun a little further away from my belt than I want compared to my Fobus & some other holsters.

I looked at that very holster AdioSS... Sadly it's made in Israel.
    I may have to just pony up the dough and have one custom made.

In the meantime I may get that holster, it looks like it fits like a glove.

Oh.. and... DOH! The Beretta Forums... You would think I would have checked the obvious first.. thanks for the reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by Malice View Post
    I looked at that very holster AdioSS... Sadly it's made in Israel.
    And why does that matter?

Only because my intent (as stated in an earlier post)was to purchase from a US manufacturer. Just sometimes it doesn't work out.

96A1

Why doesn't anyone make a holster for a weapon with a light mounted on the rail? I just bought a 96A1 and a glock gtl 22 light laser for it and can't find any type of holster.

VIP Member
    I have a Galco but my Beretta does not have the rail. I don't think you could even force one with a rail into it. I kinda have the same problem with my 5" 1911 that has a rail. They need to offer more holsters with the rail options.

Kinda figured the whole point of a rail was to put stuff like a light on it but holster makers seem to be reluctant to manufacture the holsters to allow the accessories to remain mounted and ready for use.

Sponsored Links