Concealed Carry Shirts

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry Shirts within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I nhave been looking at these deep cover t shirt holsters as a choice for my concealed carry needs. I tend to carry heavier autos, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Concealed Carry Shirts

Concealed Carry Shirts

I nhave been looking at these deep cover t shirt holsters as a choice for my concealed carry needs. I tend to carry heavier autos, and I am nearly 300 lbs myself, so I need a good sized holster with a 3x - 4x size. I can't get to the UC Comfort site many have praised. Any other thoughts?

2. Remove Ads

Any 'oversized' print shirt/color t-shirt usually works pretty well...no need to spend extra bucks.
    Here in Florida, print shirts are pretty common, so you 'blend' in...
    Old School likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I don't know what happened to UCC shirts. They made a great product, but had other issues I suppose. By some miracle I did get one from them, ordered it online with a credit card, the mailman showed up here with it one day and it came COD.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

A few years and a good many pounds ago, I tried Kramer's version of the t-shirt holster. I found it uncomfortable and weapon access slow. Like everything else, deep concealment comes at a price. To be fair, I didn't try very hard to make the t-shirt holster work as other compromises were more tolerable to me. YMMV, of course.
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life)

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    When you are that big (as am I) there is no such thing as comfortable deep concealment. I have a holster T shirt but it is not comfortable. The closest I've come is a belly band worn mid chest with the weapon nearly under the armpit.

Still, the problems I have found are: slightly annoying respiratory constriction; the end of the velcro tab printing on the cover shirt; the holster-pouch should be canted more toward the butt (or adjustable); add an adjustable thumb snap to prevent the weapon falling out when bending over; spinning the band around into place terribly messes up the undershirt and is almost impossible to fix; sagging of the weapon side unless you have a band with a suspender, and they all seem difficult to maneuver.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Big man here myself, (6'6"; 310lbs), and in the summer months I find a Big/Tall shop near me with CoolMax, short sleeved, button shirts. Of course a light t-shirt underneath is a must, but believe it or not when it's super sticky hot, they help.

Try some on and find the one that's the best for concealment. Heck, if you go in concealing, you can go right to the dressing room, change, then see how it prints in the mirror. Can't do that buying online and I always have trouble getting the right size buying new cloths over the web.

I find great looking duds in these places for concealment options. 4 years ago I had to pick out some semi-dressy cloths for a buddy's wedding in the heat of August and concealed my Officer's model IWB, thru the entire day and no one but me and the wifey knew it was there.

Good luck!
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Any 'oversized' print shirt/color t-shirt usually works pretty well...no need to spend extra bucks.
    Here in Florida, print shirts are pretty common, so you 'blend' in...
    That's what I wear most of the time with a t-shirt under it to absorb the sweat. Dark colored polo shirts worn untucked work well for me also.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Cool Thank You

I really appreciate the fast and well thought out and experienced replies to my quiery in this thread. My first day with IWB holster I was "made" by a brother at Bible study, and he made it a laughing issue to the 10 men there.

Many felt I was packing due to personal insecurity, and maybe I am to a degree, but I am just getting to old to take a beating in a stand up knock down anymore. I just refuse to be a victem for $50. and an ATM card. I have grandchildren to get through college, and a wonderful wife for which to provide. I would hate to use my firearm on anyone, but I am not going to let my loved ones get hurt.

Thanks again! Godspeed!
    Oldpsufan and WHEC724 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPastor View Post
    My first day with IWB holster I was "made" by a brother at Bible study, and he made it a laughing issue to the 10 men there.
    I''m sorry that happened to you, sounds like sophomoric behavior at your expense.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Take a look at Kangaroo Carry, they're cheap and there isn't the belly band tension you normally get because they are cotton. The only way to get made is if someone hugs you. A print shirt really makes the gun invisible.
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

Quote Originally Posted by DrPastor View Post
    I really appreciate the fast and well thought out and experienced replies to my quiery in this thread. My first day with IWB holster I was "made" by a brother at Bible study, and he made it a laughing issue to the 10 men there.

Many felt I was packing due to personal insecurity, and maybe I am to a degree, but I am just getting to old to take a beating in a stand up knock down anymore. I just refuse to be a victem for $50. and an ATM card. I have grandchildren to get through college, and a wonderful wife for which to provide. I would hate to use my firearm on anyone, but I am not going to let my loved ones get hurt.

Thanks again! Godspeed!
    Interesting, a Pastor is seeking CC help. My Pastor also caries regularly. I'm a member of our informal church security team and was seeking a CC solution for the hot summer months in Texas. I bought a few of the Sonoran shirts from The Wilderness. They aren't cheap but they are very nice quality and allow for concealed carry.

Concealed Carry Shirt, Concealment Garment, Concealed Weapon

I wear and like the 5.11 conceal-carry/casual shirts (short sleeve) for 3 season wear. The same basic shirt style is also available by LA Police Gear company and by Woolrich (yes, the old outdoor apparel company... they have some nice CCW stuff.

If your on the heavy side, just check out a Big & Tall store for any dark colored shirt or one with a print (or heavy material as to prevent material)... just make sure it is long enough... so maybe a "Tall" maybe in order so it will conceal if your carrying an OWB holster?

There is no one perfect shirt or garment... you have to try on stuff and see for yourself. I also wear a lightweight golf vest for casual wear that allows me to wear a shirt tucked in but conceal my full-size firearm under the leightweight "golf vest"... which does NOT have a "tactical look" to it.

Good luck,
    Springfield XDM 40cal
    Safariland Double Magazine Duty Pouch
    High Noon "Slide Guard" Holster - Leather (OWB)
    BladeTech "Eclipse" Holster - Kydex (OWB)
    Aker Reinforced Gun Belt (Leather & Polymer)
    Wilderness Tactical/Operator Belt (Kydex Reinforced)

I BOUGHT A 5-11 Convert Casual Shirt nice but at $ 50.00 bucks I found it overpriced, I checked out Kingsize web site & sent for their clothes catalog & found big shirts for much less $$$$$ that were just as good for CC as the 5-11 shirts.

Other than the 5.11 shirts its hard to find any shirts that have snaps on them instead of front buttons,? For easy access to a shoulder Holster

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I usually wear a button up patterned shirt [ striped/tropical] untucked.I leave the bottom button unbuttoned so I can sweep the shirt up easier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links