Need some ideas

Need some ideas

This is a discussion on Need some ideas within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been having a bit of trouble of late with my back. The Dr. I'm seeing wants me to wear "loose" pants and no belt ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some ideas

Need some ideas

I've been having a bit of trouble of late with my back. The Dr. I'm seeing wants me to wear "loose" pants and no belt for a while.....this is going to cause me to alter the way I carry. Other than a Maxpedition bag or something similar what comes to mind? I've tried just straight pocket carry in this manner but anything I have any larger than the LCP is too much gun for the nonbelted "loose" pants. Since I don't want to wear my pants on the ground (sorry couldn't help it) I need some ideas.
    "There's no such thing as being too Southern." - Lewis Grizzard

Time to gun shopping.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Senior Moderator
    Fanny Pack...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Senior Moderator
    Suspenders.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

PM9, fits in my pocket well. New Kimber Solo looks nice, getting good reviews, it seems.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I would look into a Smart Carry or a Belly Band holster. This would work great with your loose pants, but I don't know if it would affect your back and thus beat the purpose of not using a belt. Perhaps the best idea is to stick with your Ruger LCP or a J Frame inside a pocket holster until your back gets better.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Suspenders.
    Now that's something that didn't even occur to me, I may have to look into that. I may wind up just sticking with the LCP, depends on how long this drags out. I think I will look into the suspenders though, maybe some of those Mork and Mindy brightly colored ones....

I frequently wear my LCP in a COM holster that I wear under my shirt, around my neck.
    War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

There are three kinds of people, sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves. If you don't understand this, you're a sheep.

Are you a turtle?

Perry suspenders - I've got a set and it really helps my being able to carry either IWB or OWB- especially with "loose" pants-no need for "sky hooks"

As some one mentioned, try suspenders. You can actually wear your normal gun belt and holster a few notches loser than normal, so you're effectively not wearing a belt per your doctor's orders. The suspenders will absorb the weight of the gun (and your pants) keeping it on your shoulders and off your hips and lower back.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

Time for a snubby and ankle holster!

SmartCarry is great with loose waisted pants and suspenders!
    Been carrying this way for over six years 24/7/365.

Bobo
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by LeftofMars View Post
    I've been having a bit of trouble of late with my back. The Dr. I'm seeing wants me to wear "loose" pants and no belt for a while.....this is going to cause me to alter the way I carry. Other than a Maxpedition bag or something similar what comes to mind? I've tried just straight pocket carry in this manner but anything I have any larger than the LCP is too much gun for the nonbelted "loose" pants. Since I don't want to wear my pants on the ground (sorry couldn't help it) I need some ideas.
    I never wear a belt brother..I hate them..my three primary off duty carry holsters are ballistic nylon Inside the pant holsters made by Desantis the prostealth..the one made for the 1911 will carry anything 4.5 barrel and I typically carry my M&P 40 in it my duty weapon from work but also carry two different Commander size 1911's the Kimber Procarry II and my Smith and Wesson 1911 Sc. The second holster I have is for my Glock 27 but will also fit a host of compact subcompact models well. I carry either the G27 or my SW 3913 in that one..the third holster is made for the Jframe and I carry the J frame SW 637 or my SP101 Ruger. I also have a couple of custom leather IWB Holsters molded specifically for the commander size 1911's and my 3913.. All five of these holsters have a metal clip that fits right on the belt line of either shorts or jeans you just have to wear an undershirt for comfort so you don't sweat on your gun and you can't feel it on your skin as much if at all. I have a ton of those stretchy body armor or knock off body armor type under shirts and tanks for work so I'll just use those when I'm off as well. If this doesn't work for you than look at a Kahr PM or one of those newer less costly CM's in 9mm they are plenty of firepower in a small package..
    If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by patrol View Post
    I never wear a belt brother..I hate them..my three primary off duty carry holsters are ballistic nylon Inside the pant holsters made by Desantis the prostealth..the one made for the 1911 will carry anything 4.5 barrel and I typically carry my M&P 40 in it my duty weapon from work but also carry two different Commander size 1911's the Kimber Procarry II and my Smith and Wesson 1911 Sc. The second holster I have is for my Glock 27 but will also fit a host of compact subcompact models well. I carry either the G27 or my SW 3913 in that one..the third holster is made for the Jframe and I carry the J frame SW 637 or my SP101 Ruger. I also have a couple of custom leather IWB Holsters molded specifically for the commander size 1911's and my 3913.. All five of these holsters have a metal clip that fits right on the belt line of either shorts or jeans you just have to wear an undershirt for comfort so you don't sweat on your gun and you can't feel it on your skin as much if at all. I have a ton of those stretchy body armor or knock off body armor type under shirts and tanks for work so I'll just use those when I'm off as well. If this doesn't work for you than look at a Kahr PM or one of those newer less costly CM's in 9mm they are plenty of firepower in a small package..
    Do you wear suspenders with this? or is that an issue?

Shoulder holster.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links