OMG....easy off OWB holsters. Love em'!

This is a discussion on OMG....easy off OWB holsters. Love em'! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What the heck have I been living under? I've been curious about those easy off OWB leather holsters, the ones with the belt loops that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: OMG....easy off OWB holsters. Love em'!

What the heck have I been living under?
    I've been curious about those easy off OWB leather holsters, the ones with the belt loops that loop over your belt.
    Anyhow, I really didn't want to spend the money on a custom one and found a mass produced one (Aker) on clearance for my full size 1911. So i figured, what the heck plus I needed a newer OWB leather holster. So placed the order and a couple days later, got it.
    Like a kid on Christmas morning, I was eager to try my new toy out. So snapped that bad boy on and carried my 1911 around the house, seeing how it felt. WOW. Hardly knew I had it on. It felt great and didn't freaking pull my pants down like other holsters I've tried (and yes, I do have a good gun belt).
    So long story short, I'm quite pleased with the new holster and matter of fact, I'm seriously considering getting rid of my other OWB holsters and replacing them with these easy off ones.
    Now, which one (custom) to get next.....hmmmm???
    SAnta01 likes this.
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

Definitely the UBG Regulator.

Get the snap removable pancake from TT Gunleather. You will never want any other OWB holster again.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Quote Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
    Get the snap removable pancake from TT Gunleather. You will never want any other OWB holster again.
    Yes! My favorite carry for my PPS9. It's gotten to where I do not appreciate belt slide holsters anymore. And TTGunleather is among the best.

If you're carrying large, or medium size in that holster, you may be printing as compared with a fixed leather slot (some of which) hold the holster closer to the waist/torso by comparison.
    Fast is good but accurate is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiker1911 View Post
    If you're carrying large, or medium size in that holster, you may be printing as compared with a fixed leather slot (some of which) hold the holster closer to the waist/torso by comparison.
    Couldn't really care about printing.........
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

Mitch Rosen premier...
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleipnir View Post
    I have one on order. I got the Regulator with shark trim and loops. I'm in my second week of a 3-6 week timeframe. I can't wait to try it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiker1911 View Post
    With the TT Gunleather Snap Removable Pancake this is not the case. Because it is designed differently from most snap-on holsters, it holds as tight or tighter than a slotted belt holster. The only downside is that the delivery time has grown from 8-12 weeks when I got mine to 22-24 weeks (the price of popularity, I guess).

Woodlark........you have made my day. After much patience and coaching on Tim Thurner's part, just last week I ordered a DD00 model.......med/brown with shark trim. I already have one of TT's snap on mag holders and the quality and convenience has been outstanding. Tim is a really great guy to do business with........he sure earned this one!

Holsters that come off easy...come off easy in a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    Holsters that come off easy...come off easy in a fight.
    In all likelihood, the gun will be out of the holster (for good or bad) before the holster comes off (four pull the dot snaps on the TT), so what's the point?

In all likelihood, the gun will be out of the holster (for good or bad) before the holster comes off (four pull the dot snaps on the TT), so what's the point?
    I agree. It takes deliberate effort to unsnap all four, very secure. I also own a K&D Laredo Defender for my J-frame. It uses two snaps and see no issue with it either. I believe in a fight, it might be easier to rip off my belt or pants first.

If they want it that bad, they can have it. Then they get to meet BUG!

Quote Originally Posted by Sleipnir View Post
    What he said. You'll love it.
    "You're already flying upside down. You might as well turn on the smoke and have some fun."
    - Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links