UBG Regulator...lets see some pics

This is a discussion on UBG Regulator...lets see some pics within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a UBG Regulator on order. I ordered the holster with the shark trim and loops. So lets see your pics and some of ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jubz

Thread: UBG Regulator...lets see some pics

UBG Regulator...lets see some pics

I have a UBG Regulator on order. I ordered the holster with the shark trim and loops. So lets see your pics and some of you wearing them as well. I'm still curious how well its going to ride tight to the body...thanks!

2. Remove Ads

I too would like to hear more about this also.

Senior Moderator

My first Regulator and one of Nate's first as well. This holster is almost four years old.. still looks new.

Here is my regulator for my Glock with ostrich trim... complete with mud from rolling around on the damp ground.

It holds very close to the body...

And has great natural retention....

I have a whole series of photos with my Regulator. It's by far one of my favorite holsters. I've written two reviews here on DC about the holster... One of which is linked here.

If you also go to UBG's Facebook page or website you'll see a lot of pictures, some of which are mine or my husbands.

I also did a review of the holster on YouTube... which you can find here.

And my entire "Armed Yoga" series of pictures all featuring my Regulator is here.
    Last edited by limatunes; April 25th, 2011 at 09:20 AM. Reason: more info

I'm looking forward to trying it out. I'm into my 5th week now,so hopefully in the next week or so I will get it.

I can't speak highly enough of Nate's work. I have 2 Regulators from him, both are black with sharkskin trim and loops for my Glock 27 and M&P 40 (fullsize). The Regulator hugs close to the body like a pancake holster, shown in the bottom photos with the G27.

BTW, +1 on Limatunes and her upsidedown Yoga shot with the Regulator; it's classic and Nate should use it on his site
    Last edited by Jubz; April 25th, 2011 at 07:56 PM. Reason: added photos

Got my Regulator for my SP101 on Saturday, I love it. Easily my favorite holster by far.

Took 37 days from ordering to my doorstep, just a shade over the promised 5 weeks, but Nate informed me that's due to USPS mixing the boxes up (typical!).

My latest update: I received a USPS tracking number and shows my Regulator should be here today. Can't wait to get home :-)
    So that puts it at one day shy of 6 weeks. I sure hope I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by pens-66 View Post
    My latest update: I received a USPS tracking number and shows my Regulator should be here today. Can't wait to get home :-)
    So that puts it at one day shy of 6 weeks. I sure hope I like it!
    What's the verdict?

Quote Originally Posted by glocker73 View Post
    What's the verdict?
    Unboxed it and noticed right off the the shark trim wasn't as I asked. I specifically sent him the picture of JUBz's holster and wanted the trim duplicated. He said he would do that...but it was totally different. I havent really had any time with it yet so this weekend it will get some wear time. But it looks very well made and the leather is nice. Seem to fit the gun real nice...we'll see

Sleipnir, what gun belt is that? Any reason to go nylon over leather?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinG View Post
    Sleipnir, what gun belt is that? Any reason to go nylon over leather?
    It's a Wilderness Instructor belt, 1.75" C.S.M. model. I got it to hold up my full-size 1911 and a reload.

I'm pretty much a rail with no hips to speak of, so the infinite adjustablity is a plus for wearing an OWB (much more belt to work with on the velcro) or an IWB which uses up more belt real-estate. The secondary benefit is that I can use my revolver reloads at the 11 and 11:30 position due to the thinness of the belt in that area just before the velcro and polymer reinforcement make it impossible to snap the speedloader dump pouch.

I'm debating whether or not I should get a 1.5" 7 hole Beltman belt though, just so that I have a nice belt as all I have now that fits are a crummy 1.25" dress belt and the Wilderness belt. I can get away with wearing the "tacti-cool" Instructor belt as I'm only 22 and most people my age won't bat an eye at it.

Just got mine today.

Recently got my 3rd Regulator for my current EDC Glock 23. Nate's fit/finish has been consistently excellent. So here's my trio of shark-trimmed Regulators; Glock 27, Glock 23 and M&P40.

ironmike86 likes this.

Links