Does anyone have any experience with Winthrop Holsters?

This is a discussion on Does anyone have any experience with Winthrop Holsters? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking to buy one for my Glock 23. Anyone have any experience with them? They seem to sell on e-bay and amazon quite a bit ...

Thread: Does anyone have any experience with Winthrop Holsters?

Does anyone have any experience with Winthrop Holsters?

Looking to buy one for my Glock 23. Anyone have any experience with them? They seem to sell on e-bay and amazon quite a bit but with very few reviews.

WinthropHolsters

2. Remove Ads

Never even heard of them but looking at their website, their products look pretty good. I'd be interested to hear what your thoughts are if you buy one. Let us know how it works for you.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I bought a Winthrop pancake on ebay a while back. it is not as stiff as a new Don Hume, or DeSantis and I got dye on a white t-shirt as I was drawing my glock. It is only fair to say that it was used, ANIB condition.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    There pretty sturdy but the boning lookks like it was done by a 3yr old with a ball point pen.

I was thinking the reinforcement at the mouth looks a little weak. I like how Milt Sparks and a few others use kydex to keep the mouth open for easy reholstering. Nothing more annoying than a holster that collapses as soon as you draw your weapon.

Winthrop Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by maddy345 View Post
    Looking to buy one for my Glock 23. Anyone have any experience with them? They seem to sell on e-bay and amazon quite a bit but with very few reviews.

WinthropHolsters
    I have 5 of his IWB holsters and there worn all day long without any problems, I have Glock 30SF, Glock 19, Sig P238, Kahr PM9, & S&W M&P 40, Several of my Secret Service & FBI buddies have bought from Winthrop & love there holsters, You cannot go wrong with his holster's.

winthrop

I bought one for my PM9. Had a miscommunication on "clips" and Mr W took the time to make it right and was extremely cordial. The holster was first rate, not as pretty as a Milt Sparks, but I got it in 3 weeks and it cost $55, not $125 and wait for 3 months. I will buy more.

I have an IWB for my CZ P-07 from Winthrop. Outstanding comfort and quality. Very easy to deal with and customer service is top notch. You will not find a better value anywhere. $55.00, you can't beat it!

I had one for a Sig 238. The holster was very comfortable, priced reasonably and it looked nice. The mouth seemed as though it was not reinforced, and one of the snaps came out of the leather, making the holster sag on one strap while I was out and about. Sounds as though the vendor would have made it right, send a new snap or whatever, but I ended up selling the pistol anyway.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Winthrop Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by maddy345 View Post

WinthropHolsters
    I have 3 Winthrop IWB holsters. One each for a Sig P226/229, Sig P230, and a Para Ordnance .45 LDL. All are very comfortable. The flap on the back protects the weapon from perspiration. They fit close and are very concealing. I have no problem drawing and re holstering while keeping my eyes on target. I would recommend these well built holsters to everyone.

I carry an XDs in an OWB pancake from Winthrop. Its hard to beat the quality for the price and turnaround. My next choice is UBG when you want good quality for the money. I am currently waiting on a rig from Lobo.

Links