Need to reconsider my holster options...Kahr CW9

This is a discussion on Need to reconsider my holster options...Kahr CW9 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well as promised, here are some pictures. I didn't get any pictures of it on me as I didn't quite feel like posting pics of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Need to reconsider my holster options...Kahr CW9

Well as promised, here are some pictures. I didn't get any pictures of it on me as I didn't quite feel like posting pics of my healthy midsection, but if I do I'll post them over in the "let's see how you carry concealed" thread...

I really like this holster. It's comfortable, looks nice, and conceals really well under just a polo with a good gun belt. I had a bit of trouble with printing with one of my tighter t-shirts but that was to be expected. Otherwise no problems at all. Rides high and tight to the body, and doesn't even print that much when I bend over. I really recommend it. Perfect for light summer carry as long as you've got some fairly loose shirts (doesn't have to be a parachute) and a good gun belt.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

2. Remove Ads

Was also considering the Don Hume H721 OT, called Don Hume and they are backordered for 8 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Gorski View Post
    Was also considering the Don Hume H721 OT, called Don Hume and they are backordered for 8 weeks
    Not surprised. It is a great holster. I just bought one and love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin3840 View Post
    FIST #2 Kydex High Ride for my Kahr is the most flat holster of the several I own. It is OWB but conceals superbly, virtually disappearing at 4:00. FIST, Inc.
    This is a nice, smooth-looking holster. I can see what looks like a tensioning screw--is the retention somewhat adjustable?
    “If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” T Bankhead
    National Mill Dog Rescue www.milldogrescue.org

VersaCarry

I've become a big fan of the VersaCarry for concealed carry (Versacarry :: The Original ZeroBulk Holster) . I bought one for my Beretta PX4 Subcompact about 3 months ago, and found that it really does reduce holster bulk by 75%, as the company claims. This reduction in bulk actually makes it possible for me to conceal the PX4 well enough in light clothing that I could use it to replace my Kahr CW9 for summer carry (that's no mean feat, as the PX4 is a chunky gun!). But I like my Kahr, too, so I bought a longer model VersaCarry for it (the "medium" length) . I've been carrying the Kahr w/ the VersaCarry for about a week now while my PX4's at the gunsmith, and it's absolutely great! Super comfortable, super concealable, super accessible for a fast draw... and it's only about 1/3 the price of the popular hybrid IWB holsters (like the Crossbreed super tuck).

The only complaint that I've seen people have about the VersaCarry is that you have to take it off your belt to re-holster your weapon. But that's a quick operation; and anyway I figure that, if I ever have a reason to draw in public, a quick re-holster will be the least of my concerns.

Incidentally, I've also used my VersaCarrys with my S&W BG380, and I've found that putting it on the larger one (the "medium" that I use for the Kahr) causes it to cant forward. I actually like a forward cant when I carry strong-side IWB, so I think I'm going to get an even longer model and see if the Kahr cants forward, too, when it's placed on a "large" or "extra large" VersaCarry.

Sponsor
    Got to give us a shot. The MaxTuck hybrid IWB works well for guys like us with a little extra "Manlyness" around the waist. It does not add much to the profile of the gun as the leather and kydex are relatively thin. Also its not as hot as you might think it would be against your body. We leave the back of the leather unfinished flesh side so it is breathable and gives positive resistance while drawing. It also helps to keep the holster from migrating and at the same time is extremely soft and comfortable. 2 week free trial so there is nothing to loose. Let me know if you have any questions. Tony@WhiteHatHoslters.com. Our website is WhiteHatHolsters.com God Bless... Be Safe. Have a great day!

Too late for you but I would have said Dale Fricke Zack holster or MIC or Vanguard or bandito or whatever minimalist holster you can find.

Get enough length on the cord that when you tie it to your belt you can pocket carry. Do that when you are sitting.

If you are ready to roll, go to bathroom, take up the slack on the cord, and you can now carry appendix mexican style.

At night untie it from belt and place it wherever you place it when you sleep.

One holster, all bases covered, 20 bucks or so.

What you have looks nice, not my thing but sounds like it works for you.
    Posts are for entertainment only. I have no training, database, background, knowledge of law, skills, or conviction of belief that anything I post is safe or relevant for your situation and bear no responsibility for any actions or events related to your interpretation of any of my post(s).

CW9 holster

Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Done Hume 721 OT or the Don Hume J.I.T. slide. Either one. I personally use the JIT slide more, but the 721 OT is nice also.
    My favorite holster for my CW9 is a Don Hume 721OT. It rides high and close and I hardly know it's there.

I have a Bullard tuckable for my CW9, and it's pretty darned comfy. Of course it doesn't stay tucked, but none of them do for long. Lightningwear? I use one alot for other guns, but Kahrs and Glocks make me nervous as the material's pretty thin.

I just purchased a Desantis Scorpion IWB for my CW9 today. I think it fits well for me, I have been running a leather/kydex IWB for the last two years but this one is an all kydex. Doesn't give much but is very secure. Fits like a glove. I have been reading a lot about Remora holsters. I've never seen one and as far as I know, the people who I work with don't have one. I hear a lot about them though in these forums.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Wow, a lot of recommendations but frankly some of them out well, not to offend but...they're out there! I think I know the PERFECT holster for you. If you want comfort, go OWB with UBG Bonneville. I have it, it's VERY comfortable; maybe $70 and very high quality. Only minor point is that about a 1/4" of the barrel will protrude past the open bottom; minor. IWB go with the UBG IWB. It's comfortable and high quality. I wouldn't use a single clip holster for anything because I don't like how insecure they feel. If the 1" Kahr feels too tight IWB then diet hard for 2 weeks and it won't. Sorry but I've been where you are so I understand.

Belly bands are good for deep concealment but aren't comfortable for regular daily wear over the long haul, they just aren't...really. The UBG Bonnefille is a high ride pancake OWB holster so it'll feel good period. Since it's high ride you don't have to have too long of a shirt to cover it. The tiny bit of the muzzle that protrudes past the opening at the bottom is of no consequence. Hope this helps.
    Gideon

PS I have a K9, P9, MK9, and P380 and a few of the UBG holsters. They really are a good value for what you pay for them.

kng
    380ACP,

Do you have any pictures of you wearing the Tagua? I'm considering it as well.

thanks,
    -Kyle

Just recieved a tt gun leather IWB Mikes special for my kahr pm45 yesterday. 110.00 and a 13 week wait but worth the wait. The quality and craftsmanship is unbelievable. Don Humes are cheaper and I waited 6 months for my holster a 721 with sweat shield for my AMT backup .45 Both are worth considering . Ebay has don humes in stock with no wait but not always the model you need.

Sponsor
    I think you would really enjoy the SHTF Gear ACE-1.

Check it out here
    Kahr P9, CW9 ACE-1 Holster

P1000080-Web.jpgGlock-front-right-1500.jpg

Thanks,
    Clay
    The Most Advanced Hybrid Holsters- Custom Formed for over 200 guns! 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, Lifetime Warranty
    www.shtfgear.com

www.facebook.com/shtf.gear

Glock 42 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-GLOCK-42
    XDs 4.0 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-SPR-XDS-4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links