Need to reconsider my holster options...Kahr CW9

This is a discussion on Need to reconsider my holster options...Kahr CW9 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't really have what I'd consider to be a good holster for my new Kahr just yet. I guess my biggest problem is that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Need to reconsider my holster options...Kahr CW9

Need to reconsider my holster options...Kahr CW9

I don't really have what I'd consider to be a good holster for my new Kahr just yet.

I guess my biggest problem is that I've gotten bigger while my pants haven't. I can carry my 1911 with it's nice UBG holster just fine IWB but carrying the Kahr with any kind of simple single clip holster just isn't very comfortable. I know I could buy bigger pants but the squeeze around the middle is my constant reminder that I need to lose weight so those size 34s fit again. It helps.

I'm about 5'11" and hovering between 210 and 215 pounds. This time last year I weighed 185, sheesh.

So I need to find a better holster for my Kahr. I'd be willing to consider IWB or OWB (OWB may be better for comfort), but warm weather concealability (think shorts, T-Shirt/polo, and my gun belt) are a must, and comfort is of course extremely important too. I'd like this to be a bit of a budget holster too if at all possible.

Price and wait time are considerations too...the lower the better on both.

I appreciate any suggestions you have!
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

2. Remove Ads

Amazon.com: The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman (9780307463630): Timothy Ferriss: Books
    that really works. I'm involved with diet and exercise for a living, and this is one of the best things out there. I use this program myself, and it helped me put on a lot of muscle.

I like my Kahr/Glock/642 appendix carry... one off the nice things is that it always reminds you to hold it in. I'm skinny, but it still sags if you don't pay attention. A Kahr is perfect for appendix carry, just the size. And nothing is faster, except having your hand on it.
    tmoore912 likes this.
    Anybody can get scared, but you must absolutely not let that affect your behavior. Cowardice kills. -Jeff Cooper

Ha yeah, losing weight would be the cheapest thing to do...and I will...but my solution comes in a four letter word: BEER. Gotta cut back on that.

Thought about appendix carry, conceals and feels great while I'm standing but sort of pinches between my leg and gut when I'm not.

I'm leaning towards the Don Hume H721 OT for comfort and concealability...anyone have any thoughts on these? Or any others that will work.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Done Hume 721 OT or the Don Hume J.I.T. slide. Either one. I personally use the JIT slide more, but the 721 OT is nice also.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

FIST #2 Kydex High Ride for my Kahr is the most flat holster of the several I own. It is OWB but conceals superbly, virtually disappearing at 4:00.
    FIST, Inc.

VIP Member
    Kholster makes some very good, fully adjustable and inexpensive holsters.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Unfortunately I'm in the same boat! The Garrett Industries Silent Thunder is awesome and working out very well for me.

I highly recommend you check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to keep suggesting the "Compact Belt Slide" holster until someone agrees with me:

Model 22 Compact Belt Slide Gun Concealment Holsters

It's a "between the belt and the pants" job, tough nylon with good stitching and CHEAP. Got 'em for my Glocks in winter and my Kahrs in summer. A polo shirt should cover it nicely for the OP with his Kahr.

Just get the Remora "clip less" holster and put it where every you feel comfortable. I carry a fullsize 1911 @ 3 o'clock and I can hide it with just a large tshirt so a Kahr should be no problem at all.
    Somebody kicked my dog Mavis and I'm going to find out just who the hell it was.

Quote Originally Posted by 380ACP View Post
    ... BEER. Gotta cut back on that..
    Now, now, don't do anything rash!
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life)

I'm a broken record, but that gun will work great with Kangaroo Carry, nice el cheapo option and very concealable, all you have to do is figure out the draw. Remora works great too.
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

Great suggestions everyone! The Kangaroo Carry holster is particularly intriguing...do you ever worry about pit sweat getting on your gun? How well does it conceal under a t-shirt?

I ended up going with a Tagua thumbreak OWB belt pancake holster. The price was right. I'll let you know how it turns out!

belly band ?
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Ha, I don't need any more hanging around my belly than what I already have naturally!

The Tagua actually works out really well, super comfortable and easy to conceal. I'll post up some pictures and a full review later when I'm not so tired.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links