MTAC or CTAC for Kahr CW9

This is a discussion on MTAC or CTAC for Kahr CW9 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have used the CTAC in the past with my glock, but have been thinking of trying the MTAC for my Kahr. I love how ...

Thread: MTAC or CTAC for Kahr CW9

I have used the CTAC in the past with my glock, but have been thinking of trying the MTAC for my Kahr. I love how thin the CTAC is, but occasionally the kydex digs into my "mid section". Has anyone tried both? Is the MTAC much more comfortable and how much thicker is it?

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Not that you asked, but have you considered a Silent Thunder? I just got one for my PM9 and love it, and it's not so bulky so it's easier to work with.

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I just bought a Minotaur MTAC for my Heckler & Koch USP Compact and I absolutely love it and it is amazingly comfortable!

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

I have the CTAC and find it fine with the lighter weight Kahr. However, I have to switch to pocket carry for awhile due to hip surgery so the CTAC is going to be sold. Interested? PM me.

I've tried both. The MTAC is noticably more comfortable. I also find that the kydex doesn't stay put as well as the leather. I use v-clips and the MTAC provides more friction to help keep the gun at the beltline without putting all the weight on the velcro.

MTAC hands down
    Walther PK380 - SIG Sauer P238 - Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    I just bought a Minotaur MTAC for my Heckler & Koch USP Compact and I absolutely love it and it is amazingly comfortable!

Are those plastic clips easier to manipulate than the spring steel ones? If I wanted to shift the position of the holster after putting it on do the plastic clips make it possible to do that? The spring steel ones I have on my holster that is similar to this make it nearly impossible to move the position of the holster once it is on the belt so I have to be real sure I got it just right the first time.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Those ctac clips are easier to manipulate.
    Can shift holster no problem.
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Are those plastic clips easier to manipulate than the spring steel ones? If I wanted to shift the position of the holster after putting it on do the plastic clips make it possible to do that? The spring steel ones I have on my holster that is similar to this make it nearly impossible to move the position of the holster once it is on the belt so I have to be real sure I got it just right the first time.
    I'm able to shimmy mine forward and aft for minor adjustments when I put it on without much effort. However once I buckle my belt, it's pretty much locked in place.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    I find my Mtac very comfortable with a G27 or even G22, mine is the Spartan so it is one layer of leather thinner. As a side note the Mtac has replaceable kydex bodies if you decide to chose a different firearm.
    Last edited by bbqgrill; April 20th, 2011 at 10:45 AM.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I think I am going to have to get one. I like the look of the clips and I like the idea that I can get another Kydex body for a different gun for just $38.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

+1 for MTAC. Super comfortable and if you decide you don't like it...you can probably sell it super fast.

+2 for the MTACs. I have been carrying around my FNP9 around the house and she is a big girl! Im surprised on how well it tucks it close to my body. It is super comfortable and I almost feel asleep on the couch with it on last night. Comp-tac offers a few options of the clips. I got the C-Clips and they work great. Its the same clips that a re posted about holding the H&K.

TN_Mike, I believe you posted in my thread about the CW9 vs 3913. I actually picked up a CW9 today and plan to get a shell to use with my CW9 in my MTAC. The swappable shells is what really won me over on the MTAC. I almost ordered a Supertuck but loved the fact of being about to change out kydex shells for different firearms. Comp-tac shipped my holster in no time!

Links