For you High Noon gurus

This is a discussion on For you High Noon gurus within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know a fair number of folks on here (myself included), are fans of High Noon. However, all of the holsters I have from them ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For you High Noon gurus

For you High Noon gurus

I know a fair number of folks on here (myself included), are fans of High Noon. However, all of the holsters I have from them came from their stocking item line. I am wanting to get a tuckable IWB for my Glock 36. From those of you who have experience with both the stocking items, and production items, are the production ones worth the extra money? I don't need a pretty holster, I need one that works.

The three options I am considering are the Hidden Ally, Hidden Impact, and the Alter Ego. The main advantage I see to the Alter Ego is that it has a reinforced opening, which is nice, but I am not sure it is worth the extra money. Aside from that option, is there any reason not to go with the Hidden Ally (stocking item) version?

Any thoughts or comments?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I got to say yes, they are worth the extra cash. The materials are better ( not just in a pretty way) and the craftsmanship is just about as good as it gets. Which, in turn makes a nice servicable holster. Don't forget, they have a liberal (in this case, thats good) return/exchange policy if you're not happy.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Ok, do you think that the reinforced opening if worth the $30 difference between the Hidden Ally and the Alter Ego? Because that is the main difference I see, and a slide guard?

I am trying to get this decided this week, cause then it would meet me when I get back home.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Administrator
    I think both features make a positive difference, but thats one of those personal preference things.
    "Just blame Sixto"

One of our newest FAQ's

What's the difference between your thin Inside the waist band holsters and your Thicker inside waist band holsters and why the huge price difference between them?
    Questions

They are worth the money if thats the job you have for the gun to do. Many people do not need all the bells and whistles. It all comes down to the task at hand. When I bought my Dodge Ram I did not get the Hemi Engine cause I knew I would never need it outside of bragging rights, LOL.

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I think both features make a positive difference, but thats one of those personal preference things.
    I need to stop buying new guns, because that means I need holsters for each of them. I am wanting to utilize my 36 for a deeper concealment role, so that when I can't dress around my 1911, I can still have a .45. I think that the reinforced mouth might be worth it, just gotta talk myself into ponying up for it.

Let's see what everyone else thinks?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Administrator
    I think a High Noon guru has spoken.

I was just going to edit my last post to add that High Noon guys are personable and easy to deal with. Fire an email or phone call, they'll talk to ya.

And whatta ya know, Justin replies within a few minutes here. Outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    I think that the reinforced mouth might be worth it, just gotta talk myself into ponying up for it.
    A mouth ain't worth much without some reinforcements.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
    One of our newest FAQ's Questions

They are worth the money if thats the job you have for the gun to do. Many people do not need all the bells and whistles. It all comes down to the task at hand.

Justin
    Honestly Justin, I don't use the FAQ page on your guy's website, I don't find it very appealing to look at, something about the background, and the plethora of colors.

But thank you for the link. I'll be ordering from High Noon in the near future.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Everybody is up tonight, LOL , lOL. Yes that pages colors bothers some people, but we have so many questions up there. We do not mind answering questions, who wants to go thu 130 questions to get one answered, I would not.

Try the holster if you hate it just return it, you should get both run them side by side to see what you want.

Justin

I just did an extensive review on the Alter Ego and Hideaway. Yes, it's definitely worth the extra money for a Public Secret or Alter Ego, without a doubt. The reinforced opening is just part of it, the sight track is another good reason. Check out my reviews Handgun World Podcast
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
    Everybody is up tonight, LOL , lOL. Yes that pages colors bothers some people, but we have so many questions up there. We do not mind answering questions, who wants to go thu 130 questions to get one answered, I would not.

Try the holster if you hate it just return it, you should get both run them side by side to see what you want.

Justin
    I don't think I will do that, having two holsters made and shipped, knowing one would get sent back, isn't the way I try to do things. But, customer service and your return policy is one of the reasons I use you guys for most of my holster needs.

Decisions, decisions...
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Quote Originally Posted by HandgunWorld View Post
    I just did an extensive review on the Alter Ego and Hideaway. Yes, it's definitely worth the extra money for a Public Secret or Alter Ego, without a doubt. The reinforced opening is just part of it, the sight track is another good reason. Check out my reviews Handgun World Podcast
    That is an awfully timely review for me, thank you for the link.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Cool

For me a re-enforced holster mouth and slide guard are definately worth the extra money. I use Public Secrets carried appendix.

photo.jpg
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

The reinforced mouth probably isn't as big a deal unless you routinely have to go into pistol free zones. Then I can see where it makes reholstering easier and safer. I think that if possible though I would still prefer to loosen my belt before reholstering with a revolver or DAK auto.
    I can see where the slide guard would be really nice though. I have another holster from another site supporter and I did order it with the slide guard and appreciate the extra comfort it provides. The next time I order a High Noon, I'll probably go with a Tail Gate, to gain the slide guard.

I think I will do something nice for myself, and go with the Alter Ego. Which will probably make me want to go back and replace all my other holsters with High Noon's nicer stuff, instead of the stocking item line (which is perfectly nice too). Come on payday Friday.

Thank you all for the input
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links