mitch rosen clipper or don hume 715

This is a discussion on mitch rosen clipper or don hume 715 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for a iwb clip holster for my Kahr CW9 for times when I need an easy on/easy off holster. Does one sit ...

Thread: mitch rosen clipper or don hume 715

mitch rosen clipper or don hume 715

I am looking for a iwb clip holster for my Kahr CW9 for times when I need an easy on/easy off holster. Does one sit lower in the waistline than the other?

2. Remove Ads

I've got a 715 for my XD SC that I like pretty well. It's pretty stiff and allows for an effortless reholster. And for about 30.00 I think it's a great deal.
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
    "Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- MM218

100_0150.JPG

this is how the Mitch Rosen clipper sits for me in appendix carry (Kahr PM9)
    Anybody can get scared, but you must absolutely not let that affect your behavior. Cowardice kills. -Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    There's a big difference in price between those two. Mitch Rosen is supposed to be higher quality, don't know I've never even held one. for IWB I would go with the cheaper because Don Hume is a good product and your belt and pants do a lot of the work of holding up you gun. For belt holsters, you spend what you want and get what you get.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

It is interesting that you posted this thread. I was looking for exactly the same thing last week and I ordered a 715 from Don Hume and got an email telling me it was back ordered and I would have it in 16 weeks. I canceled the order and ordered one of these from The Holster Store:
    THE HOLSTER STORE | Pro Carry HD Kahr Arms K KP CW I ordered it Wednesday Morning. I got it in the mail today. That's fast service and the holster is just what I was looking for.

You can read my thread here: The saga of the IWB for the CW9

Give the Holster Store a look. My holster was $30, same as the Don Hume 715 but the clip does look stronger on the one I bought.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I had handled a friends Don Hume 715 for his PM9 and I didn't like the clip and the way the slide stop caught up on the leather while reholstering. I think they both sit about the same IWB.

For my PM9, I bought a Mitch Rosen Clipper in Cuban brown from the Kahr Shop. It is much better quality, retention is tighter, and the clip is more substantial. Leather fans will understand when I say the smell of the Clipper is worth the price of admission.

I wear mine @ 3:00 clipped directly to the pants and the belt over the clip.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

I got a Holster Store clipper for my Glock, it's a decent holster, great deal for the money. I agree with Semperfi, the Rosen is pricey but you won't feel ripped off. Everything about it is quality, and the retention clip is really well designed.
    Anybody can get scared, but you must absolutely not let that affect your behavior. Cowardice kills. -Jeff Cooper

I like that for me the Don Hume sits very low. I have tossed both a High Noon and DeSantis in the holster bin because they rode to high. Don Hume is usually stocked at Gunner's Alley and Top Gun Supply.

Forgot to add that another reason I got it is because the Mitch Rosen has a sweat-shield.

Is the Mitch Rosen typically available from Kahr or does ordering it generate a custom order with Mitch Rosen? Any recommendations for other online stores carrying it?

I got mine at kahrshop, if it shows in stock it's shipped next day.

I have one of Mitch's belts & a holster. I will never buy from him again.

Have a Workman for a Sig P229 (thick weapon). When I ordered it he was all hunkey dorey that the workman will conceal pretty well even on a big weapon and he was all over getting me to buy a belt so it would conceal better.

I buy a k-frame S&W & call him for another (even though the 229 does not conceal the 229 very well.) Tell him what I am looking for and he shoots back at me "nobody conceals k-frames and tries to tuck them." He then tells me for an extra few hundred bucks he will do a specialty cut for me or I could just order an OWB like everyone else with a k-frame.

Went to DM Bullard & got a Dual Carry. It tucks the K-Frame just fine, was cheaper & took a ton less time.

Mitch may make a good holster but he won't get my business in the future.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Links