The saga of the IWB for the CW9

This is a discussion on The saga of the IWB for the CW9 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Catchy title huh? Anyway, I recently purchased a Kahr CW9 and i love this little gun. I WILL be adding a CM9 soon enough for ...

Catchy title huh?

Anyway, I recently purchased a Kahr CW9 and i love this little gun. I WILL be adding a CM9 soon enough for those times that I really want a deep conceal guns.

I wanted an IWB holster for it, specifically one I could easily slip on and off as it stays locked in the COM safe in the car in the parking lot at work. When I go to lunch I wanted to be able to slip it on easily and be able to take it back off when returning before going inside. So I started looking and saw that the Don Hume H715-M W.C. had some good reviews in various places, here included. So I ordered one. just $30 plus shipping, total of $40, sounds like a good deal.

Fast Forward 2 days and i get an email from Don Hume Leather Goods telling me that my holster is back ordered and may take up to 16 weeks to get to me! WOW! 16 weeks!

So i called and canceled it. Then went to the Holster Store and ordered this:Pro Carry HD Kahr Arms K KP CW as in a thread here a couple of members had said they liked this holster better than the one I had ordered from Don Hume because the clip is stronger. (these comments were posted the day after I had placed my order with Don Hume of course!)

I placed the order with The Holster Store yesterday, expected delivery time was a week to 10 business days. Not too bad. But, I got an email today with a USPS tracking number in it and when I checked, it is scheduled to be in my hands Saturday. A total of 4 days turn around.

I will post pics of the CW9 and the new holster when the holster comes in.

Now, can anyone point me in the direction of a good pocket magazine holder for the spare magazine I will be carrying with the CW9??
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

16 weeks geez, well this should do ya good for a magazine holster. DeSantis Mag Packer Pocket Magazine Pouch 9mm to 40 S&W Single Stack Magazines Nylon Black - MidwayUSA

I have a Don Hume IWB clip-on for my PM9, and it is a great holster. Not as comfortable for all day carry as a Comp-Tac or CBST, but much easier to put on or take off.

Quote Originally Posted by LoadedPipes View Post
    I like that mag pouch! That is just what I had in mind! Thanks LoadedPipes!

Quote Originally Posted by quietguy View Post
    I have a Don Hume IWB clip-on for my PM9, and it is a great holster. Not as comfortable for all day carry as a Comp-Tac or CBST, but much easier to put on or take off.
    That is exactly the idea. I would be using this holster just for lunch time and occasional short use carry situations. I have a holster similar to the Crossbreed Supertuck on order from a guy who makes them and sells them for just $50. Should be in hand in about a week or so. I have one of his holsters for my Glock 23 but while it is very comfortable and works very well, it is a bit of a pain to put on and take off. So it wouldn't work as a slip on and off easily kind of holster.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Good choice with the holster store, I have ordered three different IWB holsters from them and been satisfied every time.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

It showed up today! A day earlier than they told me to expect it. I checked the mail before heading to work today and there it was in the box. I got to look at it briefly before having to come to work, and so far from that limited time looking at it, I like it a lot. Looks like a pretty well made holster especially for the money I paid for it.

Pics of it, the CW9 and the extra mags I have purchased for the CW9 to follow in the next couple of days.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Links