Needing IWB holster recommendations for the mrs...

This is a discussion on Needing IWB holster recommendations for the mrs... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; She has been purse carrying for a few months now and is ready to make the leap to carrying on her person. Her firearm is ...

She has been purse carrying for a few months now and is ready to make the leap to carrying on her person. Her firearm is a SA XD9sc and she thinks she wants to carry at 6 o'clock. Not sure how many people carry IWB there but for those of you who have or do... suggestions on holsters? I'm gonna let her try my Crossbreed Supertuck (I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be good for carry at 6 o'clock) but she can try it at other positions and see if maybe she would like to wear one elsewhere... but I would like to get one that she could wear at 6 o'clock as well so she can at least test it out and see if it is for her. I'm sure we will go through a couple of different holsters and positions before we find *the one* but any suggestions from you guys (or especially the ladies) it would be greatly appreciated.

I know it is not the most conventional or safest position to carry... I know all about the negatives of carrying in this position and we'll discuss those but I just wanted to make sure she had good options so she could make an informed, educated decision.

Thanks.

I carry in a supertuck in the 3 and 6 o'clock positions. They both are very comfortable and the 6 position is much more concealable.
    They don't call him lucky Ned Pepper for nothing

My biggest concerns about 6 o'clock carry would be the increased probability to sweep yourself when drawing (which I'm sure is lessened with practice) or the scraping/grinding noise of the handle when sitting down or getting up from a chair or bench. Do you experience any of these issues w/ 6 o'clock carry or is it something you avert by altering the way you sit or stand?

SOB carry with an XD would not be my first choice or second or third because the gun is very thick and having it over your spine is never a good idea IMHO. Moving the gun to 5 o'clock removes the problem and provides all the benefits. I would suggest a dual connection holster so the gun and holster does not move around.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I'd go for the Supertuck as well,I carry my XD40 IWB,It took me a little getting used to because of the thickness of it. I thought about going SOB as well but I was worried about it printing or being exposed accidentally.

I often refer to Fist holsters and they also have some particular holsters for women... LADYFIST HOLSTERS
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

sgb
    If I may make a suggestion, it's been my experience that most women find appendix carry to be the most comfortable.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

She tried my supertuck today at various positions and cants and really loves it at 10 o'clock (cross draw) which kinda works perfect for her. We tried several different shirts and cover garments and it conceals very well there and is perfect placed so the butt of the grip doesn't poke up into her ribs. It works out kind of nice there because she normally caries her purse on that [left] side... cross body with the strap on her right shoulder and she naturally has her right hand usually holding or resting on the strap over by her left side so her hand is right there ready for a cross draw if she ever needed to. She practiced sweeping the cover and lifting the blouse while drawing and did it rather nicely. It looked (and she said it felt) so much more natural than chicken-winging a draw at 3 or 4 o'clock. So I think she may have found her holster and position... this will be my 4th purchase from crossbreed. hehe

Just need to find her a good quality belt. Any suggestions on a gun belt that is sturdy enough for EDC but doesn't look so manly? My crossbreed belt seems like a little much for feminine attire.

Quote Originally Posted by brobar View Post
    Just need to find her a good quality belt. Any suggestions on a gun belt that is sturdy enough for EDC but doesn't look so manly? My crossbreed belt seems like a little much for feminine attire.
    Try Galco, they have a bunch of stuff, including Conceal purses for women.

I am going to order one from AG Custom Gun Leather - the buckles are removable so I can customize with something more feminine.

sgb
    The wife and niece use a beltman belt when wearing jeans.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Links