Blackhawk holsters

This is a discussion on Blackhawk holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am not being compensated for this. The purpose is to show a bit of design inginuity on the part of their designers. I was ...

Thread: Blackhawk holsters

Blackhawk holsters

I am not being compensated for this. The purpose is to show a bit of design inginuity on the part of their designers.
    I was browsing thru Wally's World looking at gun accessories. They had a Blackhawk holster section and they seemed to be on par with the Uncle Mike's line and looked about the same quality.
    One in particular caught my eye as being a better mousetrap.

BLACKHAWK! Ambidextrous Holster w/Mag Pouch - BLACKHAWK!

According to their yada yada on the package and their website, it can be used:
    IWB
    OWB
    SOB
    Vertical or horizontal
    Strong, weakside, or cross draw.
    This has to be the SUV of holsters
    Spare mag carrier on the side of the holster.

I could not find the size to fit my 9MM fullsize, 01, or I would have bought one to try and report an evaluation. It would be for open carry whien I go to Virgina and N.C. with by friend to his properties. They are way out in the sticks, where the 4 legged preditors are more of a problem.

I will try the other WWs in the area to locate a size 01. If not, I may mail order.
    Note: WW discounts. The holster above is about $20 at WW. MSRP listed a$30.

Blackhawk also had a line of O.C and pocket holsters.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I would spend the extra money and get a holster that it made to fit YOUR gun. Not just a wide range of guns.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

One thing I don't like, spare mag is on strong side. How are you supposed to get to it easily in the midst of all hell breaking loose? Unless you wore the gun cross draw (which most don't).
    I really like molded leather holsters for a lot of reasons. Blackhawk has better options out there IMO. All that said, it isn't me who will be wearing it so if you like it, what does it matter about our opinions ya know. Do what feels best to you and be safe!

This is one of the holsters that I use to carry my fullsize Beretta 92FS. I use this for OWB carry. BlackHawk! Sportster SERPA Handgun Holsters.

This is what I use for IWB carry. This is one of the best reviews that I have found for this holster. And yes it is THAT comfortable.

CrossBreed Supertuck Deluxe : Full Sized Pistol Review

Links