Comp-Tac C-Tac for Glocks 22 and 23

This is a discussion on Comp-Tac C-Tac for Glocks 22 and 23 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone know if a C-Tac holster made for a Glock 23 will also work for a G22? Im thinking of buying a G22 and would ...

Thread: Comp-Tac C-Tac for Glocks 22 and 23

Anyone know if a C-Tac holster made for a Glock 23 will also work for a G22? Im thinking of buying a G22 and would like to use the same holsters.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

I know this, kydex can be remolded with a heat gun or hair dryer. I do not know what the difference is in those two glocks, but the comp tac is open bottomed so I'd say it would unless the 22 is way bigger or way smaller. I just remolded my kydex for an M&P to fit my CZ so anything is possible.

Nope....

Unless you modify the holster, it won't fit. So, unless you get rid of your G23, you'll need another C-Tac.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gforty View Post
    Unless you modify the holster, it won't fit. So, unless you get rid of your G23, you'll need another C-Tac.

Disagree from Comp-Tac.com www.comp-tac.com

The "Slide" version allows you to use one holster for similar guns of different lengths (such as Glock 9mm, .40, and .357's). The Slide is typically slightly longer than the shortest gun of the series, and left open so the excess barrel length on longer guns can "slide" through the end of the holster. A "Full-Coverage" version can be ordered by selecting your specific gun model.

Personal experience I can comfortably holster my G22 or G27 in the same M-tac body.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Guess I missed the part where the the OP said he has a "slide" model....

My suggestions:

1. Take your C-Tac along when you look at the G22.
    2. Call or e-mail CompTac for clarification.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gforty View Post
    Guess I missed the part where the the OP said he has a "slide" model....
    Eh, my bad, I read the OP too fast I thought he wanted to buy a holster that would work for both.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bbqgrill View Post
    Disagree from Comp-Tac.com www.comp-tac.com

The "Slide" version allows you to use one holster for similar guns of different lengths (such as Glock 9mm, .40, and .357's). The Slide is typically slightly longer than the shortest gun of the series, and left open so the excess barrel length on longer guns can "slide" through the end of the holster. A "Full-Coverage" version can be ordered by selecting your specific gun model.

Personal experience I can comfortably holster my G22 or G27 in the same M-tac body.
    My C-tac was just a lttle to short for the G22. So I took a hair dryer and opened the end until the 22 would drop down some more. Now it fits perfect.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Links