Problem with fobus paddle for G26

This is a discussion on Problem with fobus paddle for G26 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just purchased a Fobus paddle for my G26 and am having a hard time drawing the weapon. This is my first paddle holster so ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Problem with fobus paddle for G26

I just purchased a Fobus paddle for my G26 and am having a hard time drawing the weapon. This is my first paddle holster so i need suggestions.

It's a very very specific straight up and down motion, mine was returned in under a month. Personally had much better success with the Blackhawk SERPA for a paddle holster, with my G27. If you can wear it in a manner you can draw in the direct line then great but I couldn't get it to work in a calm let alone under stress setting.

Glock Certified Armorer

I bought a couple of Fobus holsters several years ago,I never used them for carry,and they are in a junk box in the garage somewhere,there are some things that going cheap can be a big problem later
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I have a few Fobus holsters. Mostly use 'em for around-the-house carry since the paddles are easy-on, easy-off. The one I got for my K40, however, was a horrible fit and would not let go of the gun. I called Fobus and they suggested the hair dryer approach, but ultimately I threw the thing out. Wasn't worth my time messing with it. So in my experience - 3 of 4 Fobus holsters work OK.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

The only fobus holsters worth a flip are the evolution series. They come with adjustable retention screws and are much better quality than the standard holsters. They make good range/around the house holsters, but are a bit to wide to make good concealed carry holsters. BTW fobus has a pretty good return policy. They'll take the holster back and refund you the money for just about any reason. I told them I just didn't want the holster I bought for my Rossi Mo 68 .38 special and they took it back all the same.

They seem to work okay, but for some reason the ones for any Glock are hard to get out. I have one for my 19 and you have to learn the straight up pull that someone else mentioned. Can any anyone explain why there is no retention screw for the Glocks in a Fobus holster? If you are able to set that, it does make a big difference.

My experience with them.. yeah some are tougher than others, but you can't pull or tug your gun, you have to give it a good quick snatch to get it to break out of the holster. Sometimes this works over the pull or tug.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by mjblat View Post
    I just purchased a Fobus paddle for my G26 and am having a hard time drawing the weapon. This is my first paddle holster so i need suggestions.
    My suggestion is to do what I did with the one and only Fobus holster I ever bought: Throw the damned thing away. Mine was literally unusable.
    enk5 and sparkykb like this.

I had one for one day (the standard one not evolution). I loved the way it rode and was ok with the fit and finish. Problem was, as soon as I inserted my pistol it put a death-grip on it so I could not get it out again for the life of me. I gave myself an atomic wedgie trying to remove the pistol. Next I removed the whole pistol/holster combo and was finally barely able to get the two separated. I was 15 seconds away from cutting it off.

I've since learned that some injection moulded holsters benefit from a little silicone spray rubbed on the inside. I had a Glock Sport combat that was initially a bit too grabby and a little silicone went a long way.

I have one paddle holster for my Glock-36 and it works perfectly...no different draw than my other IWB/OWB holsters.
    It's a Fist and it was expensive, but very comfortable. http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/18.htm
    Mine looks just like the pictured Glock. It rides high and tight against the body.
    wmhawth likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I had one for my glock 36 and couldn't get it to work. It was comfortable for around the house doing yardwork, but the gun would not come out of the holster. I tried to figure out a way to draw the gun, but could never get it to work. Ended up tossing it in the back of the closet where it has been for the past year or so. Glad I got it on sale since it was wasted money.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    I got one recently for my S&W 65...hard finding holsters for that now adays. It works ok, but the belt has to be less wide then my normal carry belt, and its pretty much a range/around the house/winter holster. What I would do is unload the pistol and with it off draw and reholster while watching TV. If that fails give it up to the holster drawer.
    I actually had when I first got it the whole holster come out when trying to draw, so double check that its in your pants fully if you do use it.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by mjblat View Post
    I never owned one but tried one once in a shop I didn't like it at all. I'd recommend a Blackhawk Serpa, use with or without the paddle. EXTREMLY fast draw.

I'vre seen the paddles rip of from the holster during quals. Wrong angle and you're pulling and pulling. BUT, you should realize (as I did after I purchased one) that you get what you pay for. Another piece of crap for the holster box.

Exchanged the fobus for a blackhawk serpa yesterday, what a difference an extra $20.00 makes. Lesson learned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links