Suggestions for a S & W 642

This is a discussion on Suggestions for a S & W 642 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello, Just ordered a Smith & Wesson 642 snub nose and need a holster for it. I will carry it in my right front pocket. ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jermedic

Thread: Suggestions for a S & W 642

Suggestions for a S & W 642

Hello,
    Just ordered a Smith & Wesson 642 snub nose and need a holster for it. I will carry it in my right front pocket. I know there are a lot of options out there but I feel that this forum has enough experienced viewers that can steer me to the right holster. If it matters, price is a factor, and I would like to not have to buy several holsters to find the right one.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

2. Remove Ads

Cost being a factor, the Blackhawk #3 will work for you. I don't pocket carry my snubbie much, but that's what I use when I do. Should run you around 15 bucks. If you are going to do a lot of pocket carrying it may be worth looking in to a leather holster.
    enk5 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Galco pocket holster, about 24bucks and it's leather. I've had Uncle Mike's pocket holsters and they start to deteriorate after a while and you end up with tiny black residue all over your gun.

"Improvise, adapt, overcome."

Pocket packer Premium from Wild Bill's Concealment - $50.

Pocket Packer
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

+1 on Mika's pocket holster. I use it on-duty as my BUG in my front pocket. I sometimes forget that I have a J-frame in my pocket.

HIGHLY recommend the Mika pocket holster. I've also got a Nemesis that gets some carry depending on the shape of the pockets in the pants/shorts I'm wearing at the time, but the Mika is the perfect holster for a small J frame.

Cheers!
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Another +1 for the Mika. It is easy to forget you have the gun with you. I like the rounded version for my j-frames & DS.

DeSantis Nemisis is what I use for my 642 in my right front pocket when I can't carry my 1911. Cost about $20.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

i got one of these side guard rough outs http://http://www.sideguardholsters....t_Holsters.htm about 3-4 months ago and couldnt be happier, especially for the price $22
    i use mine for daily carry w/ a Ruger LCP

I've got a Mika holster for my 442. It works ok, but not in my slacks. It has no retention, so depending on your slacks, the pistol can slip out.

I've also got a Remora No-Clip holster. I initially purchased it for IWB carry, but it works well as a pocket holster, too. It's a bit big though, it works in cargo pants, but may not in the smaller pockets of regular jeans.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

My Mika should be arriving this week. I'll post some pics.
    Anybody can get scared, but you must absolutely not let that affect your behavior. Cowardice kills. -Jeff Cooper

Links