Tactical Tie Dye

This is a discussion on Tactical Tie Dye within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just began carrying in the past year, and recently discovered that tie dye t-shirts do a remarkable job of concealed cover. Guess the patterns ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Tactical Tie Dye

Tactical Tie Dye

I just began carrying in the past year, and recently discovered that tie dye t-shirts do a remarkable job of concealed cover. Guess the patterns help break up any possible imprint. I can wear my 1911 IWB no problem.

Peace.
    BugDude likes this.

2. Remove Ads

This post is worthless without pictures.
    Chevyguy85 likes this.

Last saw The Dead 'bout 25 years ago so I don't have any functional tie-dye left; but a pattern, any pattern, seems to really help in concealment. Madras anyone??

Far out man! Tie-dyed T-shirts are groovy!! I made a bunch of them back in the late 60's but they have all disintegrated by now. Need to get a couple new ones.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

I use "Steal Your Face" patches on my Tactical bags, makes em look less tactical while out in public. Tye dye is a great way to keep things hidden in plain sight. I still have a few friends that do Tye Dye, you got me thinking about a tye dye molle setup..... Hmmmm
    “Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.” Han Solo

I suppose if tie dye is acceptable dress for you in your area. Around here you'd stick out like a sore thumb unless you're under 25, blonde and female.

In redneckville, camo is the way to go.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

I prefer Hawaiian shirts. They conceal well and if someone shoots me it wont be because they see my gun its because I'm wearing a god awful shirt.
    toocool and los like this.

Yeah, Tala, I wouldn't wear tie dye in AR...or AL, or lot of places between the coasts. Around here, they're fairly popular, definitely casual bbq or beach wear. They even have H-D tie dyes at my Valley Forge Harley dealership!

I just want to find ways to carry my Kimber Ultra Raptor II in the summer! Don't want to have to settle for my pocket gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramen View Post
    I prefer Hawaiian shirts. They conceal well and if someone shoots me it wont be because they see my gun its because I'm wearing a god awful shirt.
    Nobody ever shot Magnum P.I.
    “Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.” Han Solo

Quote Originally Posted by CPO 15 View Post
    Last saw The Dead 'bout 25 years ago so I don't have any functional tie-dye left; but a pattern, any pattern, seems to really help in concealment. Madras anyone??
    Definitely Madras. The texture as well as the pattern works very well.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Administrator
    My daily carry paisley print holster conceals very nicely under my many NERU Jackets.
    Also Bell Bottom jeans & ankle holsters also work really well together.

Actually I could get away with wearing a tie dyed T-Shirt around here every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddhartha View Post
    Nobody ever shot Magnum P.I.
    But many shot at him.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Quote Originally Posted by cmycek View Post
    I just began carrying in the past year, and recently discovered that tie dye t-shirts do a remarkable job of concealed cover. Guess the patterns help break up any possible imprint. I can wear my 1911 IWB no problem.

Peace.
    It doesn't hurt that you are basically camouflaging yourself as a hippy either. No one thinks a hippy would have a gun.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    It doesn't hurt that you are basically camouflaging yourself as a hippy either. No one thinks a hippy would have a gun.
    Or anything worth taking.
    LET FREEDOM REIGN NOT GOVERNMENT

Administrator
    Yeah....but, you don't want everybody coming up to you and asking you for a hit of acid....man.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links