AIWB carry with my GTSS.

This is a discussion on AIWB carry with my GTSS. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thought I'd post a few photos of my GTSS (Ghost Trigger Shield System) with my Back Up. It basically works just like the other trigger ...

Thread: AIWB carry with my GTSS.

AIWB carry with my GTSS.

Thought I'd post a few photos of my GTSS (Ghost Trigger Shield System) with my Back Up. It basically works just like the other trigger safeties made out of kydex except that the GTSS gives the operator positive confirmation that the trigger has not moved after placement. I think the transparentness give it a cool look, too.

I made it out of a material called Lexan. It's a polycarbonate thermoplastic that is 200 times stronger than glass, and it can be molded into any shape when heated in high temperature. Common usages include space and sports helmets, clear high performance windshields and aircraft canopies, and bullet resistant windows.

The GTSS snaps onto the trigger guard and maintains tight solid retention until the pistol is drawn. When the pistol is drawn, the GTSS releases quickly for trigger access.

Tell me what you guys think. All commentary and thoughts, whether considered positive or negative, will be appreciated.

Last edited by los; April 24th, 2011 at 03:11 PM.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

2. Remove Ads

Good job. I have seen similar ones in black Kydex. I think you have a definite improvement here. Not sure I could get used to the idea of this type of carry.
    SWENSON BOBCAT .45, SWENSON COMBAT COMMANDER .45 (built for me by Armand), TUSSEY JR KIMBER RCP .45, S&W 37(PERUVIAN PIP)
    US ARMY 1959-1965
    USAR 1975
    NRA LIFE ENDOWMENT

Greetings, Bobcat and THANKS.

This is a great way to carry IWB. Getting use to it was a snap for me because it's the same carry method I used with my G30. The Back Up is much thinner [like a 1911] than the G30, so the Piece completely disappears with light attire, such as with a t-shirt and shorts. I also wear a Wilderness 1.5" belt for support.

So far, so good.

It's cool, but I gotta think you need an athletic body type for it to work. I bet it would be a home run for purse carry.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by ICTsnub View Post
    ... It's cool, but I gotta think you need an athletic body type for it to work. I bet it would be a home run for purse carry.
    Well, I have a lot of friends that carry IWB and they aren't exactly in MMA fighter condition.

The trigger shield would definitely provide a safe carry mode for purse carry. The retaining cord could easily be attached to the strap of the purse.

I have the mic holster which is identical in design, just not transparent as it's black kydex. I rather like the look of yours being clear.

Let me know if you want me to test yours out on a Glock and I can compare yours in application to the kydex counterpart.

All the best

J
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Hey, J.

I had a MIC also. It's a great product and it worked very well with my G30. The transparency quality of the Ghost gives me added peace of mind that the trigger has not shifted.

Weird, but a real concern for me, nonetheless.

Very innovative
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

From your post I thought it to be for appendix Mexican carry. My cerveza gut would pop it out of my pants walking.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

THANKS, zacii, but the Ghost is not innovative at all.

There are at least two other types of trigger covers in the market that also have a belt retainer cord. They are made out of solid colored Kydex, and are currently only available for Glocks.

I only tweaked the design by making it out of the transparent polycarbonate thermoplastic called Lexan.

I have the MIC...I am too fat for AIWB and use it at 3 oclock....still works wiht practice.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ICTsnub View Post
    From your post I thought it to be for appendix Mexican carry. My cerveza gut would pop it out of my pants walking.
    LOL.

The Ghost will maintain retention of your weapon, if that happens. I'm going to wear the rig tomorrow IWB, but on the hip at 4 O'Clock position to test for abnormal shifting. Luckily, the retaining cord can be adjusted to achieve perfect depth and cant. Wearing a good belt will play an important part in achieving a secured position.

I like it. I thought of this about three years ago and put a short little vid on youtube for it. YouTube - Trigger Holster for Mexican Carry It was probably a good year after making the video that I saw copycats being made, not that I was really the originator of the idea (though I like to think I am).

For me it's not really needed for the long heavy pull of a revolver with Hip Grips on it so I never used it beyond a couple times. Your clear version is very slick and I've always had a fascination with those Back Up 45's.
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

Thanks, ev239.

This carry mode isn't suited for everyone but it works quite well for me. :)

Links