Ankle Holster

Ankle Holster

This is a discussion on Ankle Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Tarus .38spl snub and i am right handed. What would be a good ankle holster? I would really appreciate pictures of you ...

Thread: Ankle Holster

Ankle Holster

I have a Tarus .38spl snub and i am right handed. What would be a good ankle holster?

I would really appreciate pictures of you wearing it if possible or a website to purchase it.

Thanks
    You do not think the 9mm is effective? Then let me shoot at you.

Well i dont have one "yet" Being that i have KLCR 357 ankle is one choice for you BUG...
    SafariLand Model 4092 Ankle Holster for Revolvers : Holsters4guns - Gun Holster

I hope this helps.
    XDM 40cal bitoneXD40SC BitoneBersa 380.
    NRA RSO
    NRA EPL Member
    "I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
    I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world."

Go Alessi, 5Shot or Ritchie. Quality ankle holsters that will last you for decades. I've got Alessi for my 340PD and Glock 27. Prior to the 'new' one for the 340PD, I carried a Model 60 for 20 years in the same Alessi holster and gave it to my partner on my retirement.

The galco ankle glove is a winner. It's very comfy and extra durable. It's priced around $75, but you can find them on eBay at times in the $50-60 region.

I have one that I've used for about 15+ years.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

I always liked my Alessi and Galco Ankle Gloves.

Not to hijack, but I'm in the same spot, trying to find a good ankle holster for my LCR or LCP. My biggest worry is that I am rail thin. My ankles are the size of most normal men's wrists. I have decided I like the Galco or maybe the Alessi, but can anyone verify that they will fit my scrawny ankles? Thanks.

Just as a followup to my recommendation to try the galco ankle holster. My recommendation is for the ankle glove which is the more expensive leather model. If I'm jot mistaken, there is a cheaper galco model (ankle lite i believe) that I spotted once but preferred the ankle glove.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I use and recommend the Fobus ankle holster. It has a very good Kydex sheath with great retention and a good and comfortable ankle strap. Here's some photos I found online:

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Renegade Cozy Partner : Home Flexible, fast, quiet, very comfortable - sheepskin lined ankle strap, highly concealable. It will wear out before a leather or kydex holster but it excels in all the aforementioned functions desired in an ankle rig. The only function it does not allow is one handed re-holstering.

Link to home: Home
    Last edited by Paladin3840; April 26th, 2011 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Fixed link

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin3840 View Post
    Renegade Cozy Partner : Home Flexible, fast, quiet, very comfortable - sheepskin lined ankle strap, highly concealable. It will wear out before a leather or kydex holster but it excels in all the aforementioned functions desired in an ankle rig. The only function it does not allow is one handed re-holstering.

Link to home: Home
    I have had one for over 10 years and use it quite often with my 442....it has held up very well...super comfortable and it is more concealable than all the others mentioned due to the fact that the holster itself is not molded..I wear mine under straight leg Wranglers and there isn't a hint of a bulge...also fits nicely inside my half boots...:)

Another vote for the Galco ankle glove! I wear it with my G27 Gen4 when my MaxTuck iwb isn't prudent or practical.

Links