Crossbreed DIY "combat cut"

This is a discussion on Crossbreed DIY "combat cut" within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Decided I should've gone with the a 'combat cut' on the supertuck i just got. Looks easy enough to do, but I wanted to see ...

Thread: Crossbreed DIY "combat cut"

Crossbreed DIY "combat cut"

Decided I should've gone with the a 'combat cut' on the supertuck i just got. Looks easy enough to do, but I wanted to see anyone had some photos of where they cut it. Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    I think it is actually better to do it yourself, so that it will be just as you need it. I paid for the combat cut, and it ended up with too much material in some places, and too little in others. I still ended up trimming it myself.

I don't have any pictures of how I trimmed it, but the cut will be different for each model and size of gun, so my pictures likely wouldn't help you anyway. All I can say is use a sharp exacto, take your time, and only take off a little at a time. The things that I focused on were cutting away enough behind the grip that it didn't interfere with my grip and draw, and leaving enough behind the slide and beavertail for comfort. YMMV.

Good luck.

Also, did my ST for my G19, but no photos.
    Attached Images
    CC:
    Glock 19 Gen 3 in a Brommeland Max Con V
    Glock 26 Gen 4 in a Brommeland Max Con V
    Karh PM9 in a Isotope 7 (made by Gary Brommeland)
    Home Protection:
    Mossberg 500 and Kimber Custom II 1911.

awesome, that is just what i was looking for!

I did mine also, but I waited until I had some impressions on the holster and cut the extra around the handle. I did leave material covering the mag release and did not remove any from the top.

Most holsters dont cover the mag release, at least my brommelands and others I had did not. Same with the top, NO leather extending beyond the slide. I was mimicking my MaxCOn because I prefered the feel. Actually quit wearing the ST's due to retention issues.
    CC:
    Home Protection:

Quote Originally Posted by leathernuts View Post
    Most holsters dont cover the mag release, at least my brommelands and others I had did not. Same with the top, NO leather extending beyond the slide. I was mimicking my MaxCOn because I prefered the feel. Actually quit wearing the ST's due to retention issues.
    At the time I had an extended mag release on my G19 and it dug into my side on one of my other holsters so I cut the leather to cover it. I've since removed it and like the fact that i never feel it.

leathernuts, thanks for the photos. did you trim back some kydex where there trigger guard meets the grip? the kydex on mine sits up snug against the grip and gets in the way when i go grip it. it looked like on one of the photos you trimmed it back.

thanks

PM9brommeland.jpg Here it is. I just sent you a PM. Didnt realize you posted as well, but look at the difference.
    CC:
    Home Protection:

i noticed that there is a rivet in the kydex that may not allow me to trim it back to where i want it. i'll take a closer look. i carry a glock 26. i have a comptac mtac which i like except for the cheap plastic clips, hence buying a crossbreed. i may return it.

thanks

Links