My 2 new holsters - R Grizzle and TT Gunleather Stronghold

This is a discussion on My 2 new holsters - R Grizzle and TT Gunleather Stronghold within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Since some of you were kind enough to share your experiences as I was choosing the right holsters for my P30 and P226 I've decided ...

Thread: My 2 new holsters - R Grizzle and TT Gunleather Stronghold

My 2 new holsters - R Grizzle and TT Gunleather Stronghold

Since some of you were kind enough to share your experiences as I was choosing the right holsters for my P30 and P226 I've decided to share the results along with a brief review.

TT Gunleather Stronghold/ Occidental Leather

This holster is stout and is as nicely crafted as any holster I've seen, including the Del Fatti i use for my P7. The leather is thick and stiff. The mold is perfect and the stitching is precise with no loose ends. Out of the bag it will take some breaking in - both to seat and then to draw and finally to mold to your body. Within a week of wear both occurred for me without the need to do anything unnatural. Within a month it molded to the shape of my hip and continues to get more comfortable.

The Phoenix design when used with a 1.5" gun belt holds my p226 snugly next to my body with excellent retention. Despite my average size (5.11 / 180lbs) the Sig literally disappears in just shorts and a t-shirt. After a couple of months of wear I can say that the holster does a nice job handling the weight of the pistol. This setup is comfortable for 4-6 hours at a time on my feet. Beyond that I wouldn't say it's uncomfortable but I do begin to notice it's there.

In short I couldn't be more pleased with this holster. Tim was excellent to work with. He and his father are at the top of my list for any future needs.

Here are some pics

R Grizzle City Slicker P clips

I contacted Ryan looking for a replacement for my Crossbread Supertuck for my HK P30. I liked the tuckability of the CBST but didn't like the extra bulk and utility of it as compared to the MDF ISP. I found myself carrying the P7 not because of a pistol preference but because the ISP was easier to live with.

After a couple of calls Ryan and I settled on his City Slicker. The design has been everything I wanted it to be - thin, secure, easy on easy off and tuckable. This holster broke in in less than 10 days and has been the perfect replacement for the CBST. I asked him to make me as thin a holster as possible which he did. Hindsight being 20/20 the only thing I would change would be to have left the reinforcement around the mouth. Re-holstering with a tight belt requires more focus than usual. That is not a reflection on Ryan but rather my choice. I mention it only in reference for anyone considering this holster. The leather is nice. The mold is spot on and the stitching is uniform and without loose ends. Overall I am very pleased.

I couldn't recommend Ryan high enough and anyone that is even considering a SuperTuck or Minotaur owes it to themselves to take a look at the City Slicker.

Pics of the City Slicker

2. Remove Ads

Nice looking rigs,

Nice looking rigs. Good review too.
    NRA Life Member

GM
    Good looking leather. Congrats and enjoy
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Pretty leather!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

My Grizzle should be here very soon, it is a Georgia snap

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Congrats "COWBOY" outstanding leather. I swear, the more I see from TT the more I'm impressed...six months is a long wait though.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thank you Cowboy for the review of the Stronghold holster.

Thanks for the review of your new holsters. They look great. Tim is a real craftsman and pleasure to do business with. I own a bunch of his leather and everything he has made for me has been top notch. Tim will go out of the way to create exactly what the customer wants. Ever call a holster shop and get the "No we wont do that"? I have never had that happen when dealing with Tim. He is a class guy and very talented holster maker.

Links