Appendix Carry Question

This is a discussion on Appendix Carry Question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My biggest problem with Appendix Carry is that the barrel of your loaded weapon is pointed at cluster of arteries in your leg when you ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Appendix Carry Question

My biggest problem with Appendix Carry is that the barrel of your loaded weapon is pointed at cluster of arteries in your leg when you sit down.

IF that gun goes off in the holster--when grabbing it or whatever--you will likely puncture a vital artery and have only minutes before you die.

I wouldnt want to get used to it pointing at such a vital area constantly.

2. Remove Ads

I did not see this mentioned yet so if it was my apologies. The Archangel by Dale Fricke has been mentioned a few times as an option that I use occasionally. Another option made by Dale is the Zack concealment holster also sold at OST. AIWB is not for everybody so this is a minimalist option worth considering.

ZACK CONCEALMENT HOLSTER

Cheers!

I've got a G27 and I just bought a Galco Triton on Amazon for $40. I'm very happy with how this fits in the pants for appendix carry. I can sit down and its quite comfortable. To be honest I was a bit surprised by how much I like this holster especially as I wasn't able to read to many reviews on it, but it is going to come in handy during these summer months.

Quote Originally Posted by Super J View Post
    I'll be looking out for your review on the Garrett silnt thunder. I've been considering one for my g17 or g19
    Hello Super J. The Slient Thunder for the G26 arrived today. I posted some pics in the holster sticky. My initial impression is that the holster works well for the G26 in AIWB. How it would work for a G19 or G17 could be a different question though. My interest in this holster was soley for AIWB carry. I don't think I would like it as well for behind the hip carry, especially for the guns you mentioned, because the holster has only one attachment point.

I have a Kahr K9 and I'm sure the Silent Thunder would fit it well but, personally, I fear the gun would be too heavy for the holster. I use a CTAC with the K9.

Thanks for the tips Willieboy. I prefer aiwb carry as behind the hip carry is not comfy for me when I'm seated. I'm hoping that someone has tried the Garrett Holster for appendix carry with a compact or full-size Glock. Thanks again for sharing your experience with the holster for your 26.

Quote Originally Posted by Willieboy View Post
    Hello Super J. The Slient Thunder for the G26 arrived today. I posted some pics in the holster sticky. My initial impression is that the holster works well for the G26 in AIWB. How it would work for a G19 or G17 could be a different question though. My interest in this holster was soley for AIWB carry. I don't think I would like it as well for behind the hip carry, especially for the guns you mentioned, because the holster has only one attachment point.

I have a Kahr K9 and I'm sure the Silent Thunder would fit it well but, personally, I fear the gun would be too heavy for the holster. I use a CTAC with the K9.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Remora is a great option for large and small pistols

I had Alan build this one that allows me to carry a knife and a Seecamp:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links