My Covert-T - IWB Tuckable Holster - Patent Pending

This is a discussion on My Covert-T - IWB Tuckable Holster - Patent Pending within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay, so I may have over done it with the " Patent Pending" part, but after careful thought and an afternoon filled with total and ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: My Covert-T - IWB Tuckable Holster - Patent Pending

My Covert-T - IWB Tuckable Holster - Patent Pending

Okay, so I may have over done it with the " Patent Pending" part, but after careful thought and an afternoon filled with total and complete boredom, I made a holster out of a clothes hanger.

Yep, I'm pretty dangerous when I'm bored and have nothing to do.

The Holster is actually made out of a one piece hanger wire that I carefully bent into shape, only cutting the ends to form the belt clips. The pistol is held in an upright position by inserting the barrel into the barrel rest portion of the holster. The barrel rest is made by making a 180 degree bend in the wire. I placed electrical tape all around the barrel rest to prevent bore marring, but I think I'll go buy a piece of small diameter heat shrink tubing to cover the belt clips and the barrel rest area.

Weapon deployment retention can be adjusted by spreading the barrel rest area to create a tighter fit within the barrel. The belt clips can be pressed and adjusted to a get a snug fit at the belt. When the pistol is drawn, the holster stays on the belt.

Bottom Line: The darn thing works surprisingly well and it's also tuckable. This thing distributes the pistol weight extremely well,..and it's as light as a ....thin Piece of Wire.

Anyway, I thought I'd share my Einstein moment with y'all. FYI, my dog's name is Einstein.

Here it is..:

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

2. Remove Ads

Congrats on your inventiveness...not my cup of tea...I like a lot more leather around my firearm.OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Very interesting..

I could easily see a Kydex version as a viable carry option. Excellent concept.

"He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I like it. Would never have thought of that. I'm just curious at to what the clear bit of plastic is.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

VIP Member
    Los! Break down and buy a holster!

I'm hoping Matt [Del Fatti] will take pity on me and surprise me with a freebie..
    WHEC724 and Jeepin76 like this.

The ACME Hanger Holster

Home is where you hang your gun
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I used to almost as dangerous when I was bored now I just take a nap..A+ for the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    I like it. Would never have thought of that. I'm just curious at to what the clear bit of plastic is.
    Its purpose is to cover the trigger just like any well made holster would. It is just a more minimalistic approach to achieve the the same result.

I love minimalism, and it doesn't get any more so than this. It's probably just as good if not better than a Clipdraw. Try some really thin plated rod from the hardware store. Just to be pretty.
    Anybody can get scared, but you must absolutely not let that affect your behavior. Cowardice kills. -Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by beni View Post
    Its purpose is to cover the trigger just like any well made holster would. It is just a more minimalistic approach to achieve the the same result.
    I knew what it was for, I was just wondering what it was. But, a personal suggestion about your hanger, try heat shrinking it after you bend it- once it's in the right shape, heat shrink it to protect it, and keep it from messing anything up.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

It's very minimalist, with nothing covering the trigger, or any of the controls, and offers no retention.

However, I still think that there are those who would buy them. Kudos on the creativeness though, innovation is what has made the firearms industry what it is.

EDIT: I would think that a bit more of a curve to the hooks, like j-shape might be beneficial.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Thanks for all the words of encouragement..!

I'm surprised my face didn't get inundated with a bombardment of pies, ala Johnny Carson.

I'm headed to the Shack in the morning to purchase heat shrink tubing. I'll post a few more photos of the finished product as soon as I get a chance.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Nice.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Ok, who out there hasn't made a duct tape holster for something (knife, gun)? :)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links