Desantis holster reviews

This is a discussion on Desantis holster reviews within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I"m trying to find out if anyone owns a Desantis holster and if you like it or not. I've surfed the net quite a bit ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Desantis holster reviews

Desantis holster reviews

I"m trying to find out if anyone owns a Desantis holster and if you like it or not. I've surfed the net quite a bit looking for reviews and opinions and there's just not hardly any. From what I hear Desantis is supposed to be a reputable company with descent products,I really thought I would I would find tons of reviews as much as I've seen them advertised. let me know both good and bad.

2. Remove Ads

what kind? i have a few pocket holster and they been fine so far

The holster I ordered was a Desantis Inner Piece left hand for a 1911. That's the one I was really interested in. I've surfed every website I could think of and coulld'nt find anything on any of Desantis holsters. I really expecte3d to find pages of reviews since their pretty well known.

Distinguished Member Array PAcanis's Avatar
    Yeah, which one? I had one and sent it back.

ETA: that wasn't the one I had. Can't help you.

VIP Member
    I have a nemisis for a Kel-tec p11, and a cozy partner, for my M&P 9c.
    Both are very nice.
    Nemisis is a pocket carry, Man made fiber.
    Cozy partner is a seemingly well made leather, IWB, with snap loops.
    Works very well. holds pistol real good. only had it about 4months but alls well.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I have a couple - Viper paddle for the Sig 220, and a Nemesis for a P32. Good quality - you get what you pay for. I don't like ALL of their designs, but the ones I've invested in have served me well.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by poppy37
    I"m trying to find out if anyone owns a Desantis holster and if you like it or not. I've surfed the net quite a bit looking for reviews and opinions and there's just not hardly any. From what I hear Desantis is supposed to be a reputable company with descent products,I really thought I would I would find tons of reviews as much as I've seen them advertised. let me know both good and bad.
    I have two of their holsters, a Cozy Partner IWB, and a OWB w/retention snap. Both of these holsters are for S&W® J frames/Taurus® small frame revolvers; and, THEY ARE SUPERB! The Cozy Partner is the most comfortable IWB holster I have ever used. DeSantis® makes quality products at very reasonable prices. I highly recommend their holsters!

Last edited by dawei; May 2nd, 2011 at 03:29 PM.

I've got a Tuck-This 2 for my Beretta 85f (single-stack 8+1 .380). Great holster. If it wasn't for the damn safety lever on the pistol digging into my side, I'd forget it was there. The holster itself is a slight pain to put on, but I think I just need to do some work on the clasp and widen it a little. Forgot where I bought it, but it cost me $26 + shipping. Conceals great, has adjustable cant, AND holds an extra magazine. I've had it for about half a year and it isn't showing any signs of wear.

I've got the pocket holster and the sof-tuck for my 738. I like both. the pocket holster i really only use for when I'm wearing cargo shorts, and it works pretty well.

The sof-tuck was my daily carry(took 6 weeks for my CB to get here!). It's pretty nice, gun always felt secure and I never had an issue with the holster shifting around. Only complaint is that the J hook wasn't big enough to have my wilderness belt slide into.

VIP Member
    My personal opinion is that Desantis is an underrated manufacturer. Whenever I buy a new gun, the first thing I do is order a Speed Scabbard for it. I may buy something better looking later, but the Desantis gets me through and then some.

They may not stand up to tactal operator standards, but for my EDC needs, they work great. The price and delivery time is just an added bonus.

The only thing I bought and didn't like was their single loop mag pouches. They just aren't comfortable on me, but they seem to be as well made as their other products.

I hope that helps. Good luck!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I have several DeSantis holsters. I like the way fullsize autos carry in the Cozy Partner. The only DeSantis holster that I have that I don't use much is their tuckable hybred.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

CMR
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    My personal opinion is that Desantis is an underrated manufacturer. Whenever I buy a new gun, the first thing I do is order a Speed Scabbard for it. I may buy something better looking later, but the Desantis gets me through and then some.

They may not stand up to tactal operator standards, but for my EDC needs, they work great. The price and delivery time is just an added bonus.

The only thing I bought and didn't like was their single loop mag pouches. They just aren't comfortable on me, but they seem to be as well made as their other products.

I hope that helps. Good luck!
    I totally agree.
    I have several OWB holsters from DeSantis and have been very pleased with them.
    To the OP, please let us know your "field report" of the Inner Piece. I've been looking to get one for my 1911 as well. Post pics if possible!
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

I have a Speed Scabbard for my XDm9...it's great. Holds the gun secure and pulls it up close to my body. Well worth the money.
    NRA Member

"I like a man who grins when he fights."
    ~Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by dawei View Post
    I have two of their holsters, a Cozy Partner IWB, and a OWB w/retention snap. Both of these holsters are for S&W® J frames/Taurus® small frame revolvers; and, THEY ARE SUPERB! The Cozy Partner is the most comfortable IWB holster I have ever used. DeSantis® makes quality products at very reasonable prices. I highly recommend their holsters!

I've got one of those. Great holster!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links