A big bad Tuckable IWB 1911 list! I figured out which one I want, but hey

This is a discussion on A big bad Tuckable IWB 1911 list! I figured out which one I want, but hey within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Snider Oh, good to know, I totally missed that. Your work is very nice looking, and seems hugely popular. I could see ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: A big bad Tuckable IWB 1911 list! I figured out which one I want, but hey

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snider View Post
    Oh, good to know, I totally missed that. Your work is very nice looking, and seems hugely popular. I could see putting in an order here at some point!
    I also recommend the Black Ops Pro. In fact, Rocky linked my video, so you can see how it carries for both a J frame and a 1911.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I like my VM-II, but it's too thick at the belt, especially with the tuckable clips. I prefer the leather inner face of the Crossbreed and MTAC over the CTAC. Every one has a different thigh bone structure, and mine requires a 25 degree cant for comfort when standing or sitting. The Crossbreed and MTAC Spartan are the easiest for cant adjustment by punching holes in the leather for clip height. I have used a hair dryer to warm up and bend or twist the front clip to make it conform. A clip only needs one screw. I have trimmed the top of the leather, so my firing grip doesn't touch the holster. I transitioned to Velcro clips on all my tuckable IWB's for stealth. A canted 5" 1911 comes out faster, and is easier to sit on, although the shorter Commander is perhaps better. I like the rear sight to line up with or run slightly behind the outside pant seam. A kydex body or spring clip to keep a leather holster mouth open is important for one handed reholstering. I'm sorry I don't have experience with some of the other great holsters, but the ones I've fit are now so comfortable that I forget the 45's on board. Then again, what works for me today...
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

I am 6'2" and go between 230 and 260 lbs (between football season and off season). I have a full size Smith and wesson M&P that I use a crossbreed supertuck and it works amazing. I found it works better around the 230 mark (but so does everything else). I have no problem with it at all. I always wear an undershirt like an A shirt (wifebeater). I tried it once without an A shirt and hated it. Hopes that this helps you. If not you might want to look into a Galco Skyyops. A friend of mine has one and said it is great. I would have one but they don't make it for the M&P.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links