Ordered a SmartCarry - Fingers Crossed

Ordered a SmartCarry - Fingers Crossed

This is a discussion on Ordered a SmartCarry - Fingers Crossed within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I finally broke down and ordered one, to me it seems like an ideal carry choice for all seasons and almost all occasions. Should work ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ordered a SmartCarry - Fingers Crossed

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar

Question Ordered a SmartCarry - Fingers Crossed

I finally broke down and ordered one, to me it seems like an ideal carry choice for all seasons and almost all occasions. Should work out well with my Kahr PM9 and hoping the XDM 9 Compact fits as well, but I have my doubts.

Anyway, I've watched the YouTube videos on how to wear it and think I'm ready for that part of it, just thought I'd see if any SmartCarry folks would chime in and give their advice after wearing it for some time.

cj
    I think it's a great option for a wide variety of options. I got a slightly larger version, then use a safety pin as needed to keep things in the right place.

Hope it works for you... My cell pal works better for me. Plus, it doesn't make me look "Poofy". LOL. Seriously, I want it work for you.

Yeah, hopefully... if not there's a 60 day trial period I guess. :)

I was concerned as well before mine arrived. I had watched every YouTube video I could find on the smartcarry before ordering.

I've been wearing mine for 2 weeks solid now.

My carry piece is a 2-1/4" SP101. I carry it and a Bianchi speedstrip with six .357 mag rounds in the smaller pouch with no problems.

The only 'printing' issue I've had is when I'm wearing my nut-hugger Levis but it's still a non-issue because the only thing that prints is the butt of the grip up towards my beltline which is usually always covered by an untucked t-shirt, and besides, who's STARING at my crotch, right?

I think you'll be suprised at how easily it fits 'down there'. It may take you a little time to get used to wearing it low as I'm sure you've seen the videos suggest. Mine rides up a bit every now and then so it does require a bit of re-adjusting during the day, but you may have a different body type and this may not become an issue.

You should have no problems concealing that lightweight (compared to mine) PM9.

I've worn mine to church with shirt tucked in, I've worn it cutting grass with gym shorts on, I pretty much wear it from when I get dressed in the morning for work until I get home and jump back in bed. Yes, even in my pajamas when doing pre-bed preperations.

It simply dissapears (especially with that Kahr), and using the 'ol cliche "forget i'm wearing a pistol" throughout the day. The only time I'm reminded is if it either 'rides up' a bit or when I sit in the car, which just requires a little nudge here and there and your good.

I'm curious to see how my Badger custom grips feel as opposed to the stock which aren't too bad. Had a set of Uncle Mikes boot grips and they were constantly pressing uncomfortably into my pelvic region.

Anyways. I think you'll be satisfied. I can't think of a better way to conceal a compact/sub over a smartcarry.

Although, I am considering a AKJ Concealco Leather IWB for cooler days. =)

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you very much, that definitely helps!

I've been leaning away from it for one reason or another for months now and I keep coming back to it - it just seems too perfect for EDC, I could even hold an extra magazine, knife, and/or flashlight in the spare pocket - and keep my pants pockets free.

cj
    Bingo! Lining things up with your body curves and bends makes even a pretty big pistol disappear. Small/flat is really simple.

I WILL agree though, I find it very warm all year round!

I'll also add that the sweatproof material works as advertised.

It gets extremely hot and muggy down here and I have checked on occasion just to be sure but the inside where your gun and whatever else rest stays bone dry.

Wear it and forget about it.

Thanks again guys, now I'm looking forward to it... Will have to relearn bathroom techniques I'm sure hahaha.

It's as simple as flipping the holster up, holding it there until finished business then flip it down, pull it back down a bit and done. Oh yea, don't forget the unzipping and rezipping your pants part either, hehe.

You'll be a pro at peeing all over again in no time!

Use a stall if you're worried about 'peepers', which I'm sure would be deterred of any intentions when they see 'the package'.

;)

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    For the bathroom, I just pull it up around my belly out of the way. I find it much easier than using the restroom with an IWB holster.

I have had my SC for several years and use it to carry a CZ PCR for every day carry. I cannot say too many good things about the SC. It really is a fine way to carry but I urge you to experiment with its placement on your waist. I know that most pictures show the SC being worn on the dead center line of the body but, in my personal experience, moving it a little to the right or a little to the left made a great deal of difference to me in terms of comfort and function. Like any other holster it has a "sweet spot" and finding it makes a great deal of personal difference. Experiment a little!
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

You can't say too many good things?

Sent from HTC Thunderbolt

No need to have fingers crossed, It's a great holster. My EDC is a G26 and it disappears comfortably and I ain't skinny. You probably won't even feel a PM9 in it.

I just got a smartcarry a couple of weeks ago for my PM9 for summer carry. I wish I would have bought one sooner! As everyone says, once you find the sweet spot, you forget it's even there. The one thing I was worried about was carrying with one in the chamber since the PM9 doesn't have an external safety. I unloaded the PM9, put it in the SC and tried my hardest to pull the trigger. It seemed like it was impossible, so that test put me at ease. I've been practicing drawing as it is a new muscle memory to learn, but it's faster than I thought, especially if you use the extended magazine. Hope it works out for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links