FIST #18 Paddle Holsters

FIST #18 Paddle Holsters

This is a discussion on FIST #18 Paddle Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone use them? If so, what model firearm? What is your feedback, good, bad, or indifferent? Thanks, Mark...

FIST #18 Paddle Holsters

Does anyone use them? If so, what model firearm? What is your feedback, good, bad, or indifferent? Thanks, Mark
    Mark
    Active Duty Air Force
    Federal Firearms Licensed Dealer - marchellearms.com
    NRA Life Member
    Concealed Carry Permit Holder

I have the Fist #18 paddle holster for my Glock-36. It is a bit expensive, but worth the $$. I've had other paddle holsters that weren't worth the postage to mail them, but Fist does make 'quality' holsters.
    Easy on/easy off...holds my Glock tightly against the body...not as close to the body as some of my Fist holsters, but that is the nature of a paddle holster.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

FIST fan, but..

....not a paddle fan. Holster selection is a series of compromises. Paddles excel in convenience at the expense of security. They occasionally come out with the gun under vigorous use. When using paddles several factors affecting security come in to play. The design of the retaining tab(s), the style of belt worn - can be too thick or have rounded edges, and how snugly the belt is cinched.

If frequently putting the gun on is a factor in your life style another holster style to consider is the FIST #2 Easy On, #14 Combination, or their other variations with straps. They are quite convenient to use and more secure than paddles or clips.

Remember Murphy rules and always shows up at the worst possible time.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin3840 View Post
    ....not a paddle fan. Holster selection is a series of compromises. Paddles excel in convenience at the expense of security. They occasionally come out with the gun under vigorous use. When using paddles several factors affecting security come in to play. The design of the retaining tab(s), the style of belt worn - can be too thick or have rounded edges, and how snugly the belt is cinched.

If frequently putting the gun on is a factor in your life style another holster style to consider is the FIST #2 Easy On, #14 Combination, or their other variations with straps. They are quite convenient to use and more secure than paddles or clips.

Remember Murphy rules and always shows up at the worst possible time.
    While this is true with some of the other paddle holsters I have tried...my Fist P/H has never caused a problem. Just my experience...I'm just sayin'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Thanks for the info...and I agree, but I do like the convenience of the paddle. I have Fobus paddles for several firearms, and I like them for what their intended...with exception of the 92 FS paddle (currently used occasionally here in Iraq), which took considerable elbo grease to allow a smooth draw with out excessive pulling and tugging. I have a Milt Sparks Axiom on order for my primary carry, Kimber Tactical Ultra, but wanted to try some other types of holsters as well...quality holsters, not production. I am planning to order FIST #18 for an LCP, PT111/138, and the Kimber. My wife has a permit to carry, but hasn't carried yet; however, is talking more about it and showing more interest. She'll likely carry the LCP or the PT111 or 138 dependent upon what she is wearing, where she is going etc....I prefer she carry the 9mm vs the .380. I know FIST has a ladies line; however, I can carry the LCP and 111 as well...so I thought the paddle would be a good choice for versatility between either of us. Thoughts?
    Mark
    Active Duty Air Force
    Federal Firearms Licensed Dealer - marchellearms.com
    NRA Life Member
    Concealed Carry Permit Holder

The Fist #18 will not come out once you tighten your belt as you normally would with any IWB holster. It is extremely comfortable, but I'm not sure how it would feel for a female with a different 'shape'. Women have a little more difficulty adjusting to IWB/OWB holsters normally designed for men.
    The Fist ladies line of holsters doesn't include a paddle holster or any IWB holster for that matter, so I cannot help you there.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links