Kilt Belts?

This is a discussion on Kilt Belts? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone know of a holster maker who has a model which would fit a 2 1/2" to 3" wide kilt belt? Right now my ...

Thread: Kilt Belts?

Kilt Belts?

Does anyone know of a holster maker who has a model which would fit a 2 1/2" to 3" wide kilt belt? Right now my only option when I wear the kilt is to carry my Colt Detective special in my Stillwater nylon cargo sporran. One option I've been considering is to contact Crossbreed and see if they can make clips to fit a belt of that width for my supertuck.

2. Remove Ads

I wonder if you could get the clips made locally. If you know someone/place with a brakepress (spelling) used to bend sheet metal. I bet they could make you a couple clips in no time.

Nope, I'm not falling for this one!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Thunderwear! :D

VIP Member
    Sounds like a good application for a thigh holster.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I would think that any reputable custom holster maker should be able to help you out. If not, you should be able to order whatever holster you want, and buy a sheet of kydex, cut out a few strips with a razor knife, heat and form them the oven. Drill your holes and attach.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

cj
    +1 on doing your own Kydex loops. I've got some strips around, but am leaving on a trip...if you still need it in a week, PM me and I'll get some strips off to you.

Look at the V-clips from Comp-Tac for the MTAC and Spartan - they attach to the back side of a belt using velcro - or like cj said - make your own. If you don't have access to a sturdy sewing machine, you can probably get a shoe repair place to sew the velcro to your belt.

Links