Glock 19 carry options?????? - Page 2

Glock 19 carry options??????

This is a discussion on Glock 19 carry options?????? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I use the MTAC for both my G19 and G26. Great holster... If you go to Comp-Tac's clearance sight on e-bay they have a MTAC ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Glock 19 carry options??????

VIP Member
    I use the MTAC for both my G19 and G26. Great holster... If you go to Comp-Tac's clearance sight on e-bay they have a MTAC for the G19 for around $50.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by SWEDISHLASER View Post
    I've been carrying my G19 for a while now in a Mitch Rosen 5jR OWD holster. It's a nice rig, but the concealability is lacking. I was thinking about picking up a Milt Sparks Summer Special, but was curious how some of you carry yours to get some ideas. Thanks everyone!!!
    SuperTuck or Kholster, Can't beat the hybrids. I've got both (for different guns). There both great, after buying my 2nd Kholster I wouldn't spend double the money and double the wait on a SuperTuck again. Only downside is you've either got to dye it yourself or just put protectant on it.

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by SWEDISHLASER View Post
    I've been carrying my G19 for a while now in a Mitch Rosen 5jR OWD holster. It's a nice rig, but the concealability is lacking. I was thinking about picking up a Milt Sparks Summer Special, but was curious how some of you carry yours to get some ideas. Thanks everyone!!!
    Out of curiosity what make of belt are you using with the 5jR?
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Ritchie Holsters CQ-QR, or the Alessi CSC-S for me. Those two are the same holster design.

VIP Member
    Can't beat a Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro. www.purekustomholsters.com
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Leather holsters are usually bulky and IMHO are not the fastest option out there. I would recommend that you look into Raven Concealment Systems and Dale Fricke Holsters. Raven is top notch kydex but you'll wait a while for one of their rigs. Dale's stuff is also top notch and he is by far the easiest holster maker to work with. He can make just about anything and will customize any of his standard holsters. He makes all of his stuff by hand and usually ships within a week. I bought a holster a few months ago from Dale and it was in my hand within 4 days.
    Glock 19
    Springfield XD45
    Para Ord SF-45-A

Being a victim is a choice, it doesn't have to be yours - Support Concealed Carry on Campus

G30,26 in Public Secrets and Alessi Talon Plus Appendix Carry and Sparks Summer Special 2 strong side hip!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

I use an Isotope 7 made by Brommeland for Secret City Weaponeers.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBulldawg View Post
    I use an Isotope 7 made by Brommeland for Secret City Weaponeers.

Yup, I use a Max Con Presentation Grade for my G19, Isotope 7 for my Kahr PM9 and have a Max Con Service grade on order with Gary for my new G26 Gen 4. One poster mentioned the draw speed on leather and what not. It comes down to training period. Also, the reason I left my supertucks is the retention. You may end up in a situation where no firearm is neccessary, but you may still end up in a hand to hand, which in most cases becomes a wrestling match if your trying to restrain them. The last thing you want is your own firearm to fall down and used by the threat on yourself. This came to mind a few months back when I saw some young punks getting into it, actually a guy agressing towards a young female. I dont care, you just dont beat up a girl although I did witness her throw something towards his car, but who knows what happend prior. Anyways, as I slowed down with the intentions of breaking it up, it was over and he was on his way. I left the situation alone, but thought about what if and decided at that moment, I was done with my supertucks and went back to my brommelands. as thin as the ST, but retention is 10 fold. Yes, I tried increasing the retention on mine, but could never get it like leather retention. Im not saying its not possible, just didnt work for me. YEs, the ST's are very comfortable, but so are high quality leather holsters.
    CC:
    Glock 19 Gen 3 in a Brommeland Max Con V
    Glock 26 Gen 4 in a Brommeland Max Con V
    Karh PM9 in a Isotope 7 (made by Gary Brommeland)
    Home Protection:
    Mossberg 500 and Kimber Custom II 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    IWB appendix posistion in a High Noon Public Secret holster and Cross Breed double layer gunbelt.

Attachment 24909
    Attachment 24910
    Attachment 24911
    click to enlarge
    I've always been iffy on appendix but figured it's probably the best hiding spot due to the way shirts fall in the front so I looked into highnoon, WOW are they expensive! They look well made but damn.

Glock 19 in a Fricke Archangle AIWB. Great holster IMO.
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Snatale42 View Post
    I've always been iffy on appendix but figured it's probably the best hiding spot due to the way shirts fall in the front so I looked into highnoon, WOW are they expensive! They look well made but damn.
    There are two prices on the Public Secret. The black one cost $100 more than the natural color one. I had the natural one and the black one was bought for me as a gift.

photo.jpg natural color Public Secret
    click to enlarge
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links