Can You tell If I Am Carrying?

This is a discussion on Can You tell If I Am Carrying? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can Anyone Tell I Am Carrying And Where on any of these photos be honest! Uploaded with ImageShack.us Next photo... Uploaded with ImageShack.us Now the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Can You tell If I Am Carrying?

Can Anyone Tell I Am Carrying And Where on any of these photos be honest!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Next photo...

Now the answers...

IWB Holster Glock G27 w ext. baseplate and extra 15rd magazine on my belt

Shoulder Holster same glock G27 (on my left side) as above just switched positions and same extra 15 rd. magazine (on my right side).

Hey my name is Blake,
    I am new to the forum just joined and started concealed carrying two weeks ago and love it! My questions are what types of holsters do you carry in how, and where? I have carry a Glock G27 caliber in 40 S&W because I am going into law enforcement and want it be to my back up gun. I also have a Springfeild XD 45 ACP compact its so big i stopped carrying it. Thats why I got my g27 any ideas on where to carry the Springfeild or the glock or both? Feel free to post your own photos of your holsters, guns, ways you carry, etc...

Cool

Welcome to the forum.

The one side of your oversized t-shirt drapes straight down while the side with the shoulder rig bulges out and looks lumpy. The side with the IWB holster sticks out because of the grip of the handgun sticking out from your side past your body. The vast majority of people are not looking for concealed weapons and will not notice yours. Those of us who are looking for them will.

I carry IWB appendix with either a G-19, 23 or 36 in a High Noon Public Secret or Side Guard Quick Clip. The weapon lays completely againsts the body and the shirt draps straight down with no bulges and no part of the weapon sticking out. I find this posistion easy to conceal and protect and fast to access. Just my $.02. Good luck on your career choice.

photo.jpgphoto.jpg
    click to enlarge photos
    bps3040 likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

GM
    Welcome to the forum

I am sorry, but the answer is yes. Despite the oversized T-shirt I could tell right away that you are carrying; it is obvious in both the first and the second picture. Now, perhaps I could see it only because I carry myself, maybe other people had never noticed it.

IMO oversized clothes do not necessarily imply better concealment.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Ex Member
    Carrying actually takes a bit of practice. Dress AROUND the weapon, don't just put it on and expect everything to melt together. Once you get it down it's pretty easy, just takes a bit of hit, and miss, practice.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    Carrying actually takes a bit of practice. Dress AROUND the weapon, don't just put it on and expect everything to melt together. Once you get it down it's pretty easy, just takes a bit of hit, and miss, practice.
    Well, I do not wear oversized clothes and I do not dress around the weapon at all; I have never done it. But I do choose carry weapon depending on the attire and I try to purchase quality custom holsters (unfortunately it is not sure that the specific holster will work for me ).
    Last edited by GM; May 8th, 2011 at 08:12 PM.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

You usually don't print when standing perfectly straight,it's when the wind is blowing your cover garment,or your bending over or sitting down that can push your gun butt out. the front chest strap on the shoulder holster is a dead giveaway,most shoulder holsters use a strap from the holster and spare mag pouch to attach them to the belt to maintain position and stop excess movement
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

What would be more telling would be to have someone else take photos of you as you go about normal activities, rather than posing for the camera. There's a great old picture of John Bianchi (holster maker) in formal wear and he's carrying about 21 guns - but of course you can't tell because he's standing still.

Heed dukalmighty's advice, but you don't have to be paranoid about it... just be aware. Remember that almost no one you see going about your daily business will stop to look you over to see if you're carrying. But it's when you're reaching for the cereal box on the top shelf at the supermarket of bending over to fill your tire at the gas station when your roscoe will reveal itself, possibly frightening the muppets, unless you're aware enough to keep that from happening.

Oh - and welcome!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

los
    The average lay person would most likely not suspect a darn thing.

Some of the members on this forum have been carrying for many, many years and they're experts in the art of concealment, and therefore know exactly what to look for.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

With spring here (maybe), started not wearing a coat. At first, worried about printing. Then I decided I would conceal the best I could and not worry about it since I have a permit. If someone "makes me", I figure so what. If they are a leo, I show them my permit. If they are store security, I show them my permit and find out what their policy is if it is not posted. If a fellow citizen, so what? I am legal and doing my best to conceal. I think attitude plays a large part in CC and that only comes from carrying all the time. Just my opinion.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    i spotted it simply because you are a smaller guy, your shirt looks too big, and if you notice, you learn your torso slightly trying to compensate for the gun on your hip and make it less noticeable. You are doing the opposite, relax and walk and act normal
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Try the IWB carry at the three O'clock position, or possibly at the four O'clock with some cant and it should conceal better with your particular build, and save the shoulder rig for the colder months for use with a jacket and you'll be just fine.

Welcome to DC from GA.

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I'd say go with a Hybrid IWB, not bulky and retains shape, they also do a better job at hiding the bulge. CBST,Kholster etc. In the pics I couldn't see the guns specifically but could tell your clothes weren't sitting on you right. Have someone else take the pics and with a camera not a phone, little things like low-res pics or shadows may hide stuff that would be very visible in real life. For my G26 I wear with Kholster when not working and it completely disappears. When it needs to be 100% invisible I use SmartCarry, but depending what branch of LE you join (like in uniform w/duty belt) you'd never get to it in time.

Welcome to the forum from SW Ohio. The general population probably would not spot that you are carrying, but someone who carries themselves and knows what to look for very probably would. I am constantly observing people whenever I am out, and I feel confident I would have "made" you.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart60 View Post
    With spring here (maybe), started not wearing a coat. At first, worried about printing. Then I decided I would conceal the best I could and not worry about it since I have a permit. If someone "makes me", I figure so what. If they are a leo, I show them my permit. If they are store security, I show them my permit and find out what their policy is if it is not posted. If a fellow citizen, so what? I am legal and doing my best to conceal. I think attitude plays a large part in CC and that only comes from carrying all the time. Just my opinion.
    Oldfart is right! Just always be aware of what the situation is and what you are doing. (And I believe that Minnesota has jumped from winter to summer today! - I won't be wearing a shoulder holster much more until the weather cools).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links