Wilderness Tactical belts and the holster you wear with them - Page 2

Wilderness Tactical belts and the holster you wear with them

This is a discussion on Wilderness Tactical belts and the holster you wear with them within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Try again...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wilderness Tactical belts and the holster you wear with them

Try again

I have to figure out this picture thing.

Wilderness belt isn't going to hurt your leather holster.
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of Bliss.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

Go with the wilderness belt it will not hurt your leather holster, plus you will be amazed with the fine degree of adjustment.

Sounds like for the days when the leather belt just doesn't feel right, the WT is the way to go. I'm thinking the 5 stictch will be stiff enough as the heaviest pistol I carry is 26 ounces.

5-stitch Instructor is fine, but I haven't bought a 5-stitch since I bought my first CSM. It's just a little bit stiffer for the extra $5, and isn't any less comfortable, for me. I really like a 1.75" belt, too, when the trousers' belt loops will allow it.
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of Bliss.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Just bought my first Wilderness belt a little while ago. I have several top notch leather gun belts from AKJ Concealco and can't say enough about them but I kept hearing about the Wilderness So I bought one.

First, I wouldn't get the 3 stitch. I got the 5 and find it good, just good. If I was going to be carrying my commander 1911 I'd get the insert version for sure. the infinitie adjustment is a very nice feature. I like the utilitarian aspect of the belt. I wear it when I know I'll have a cover garment on like an untucked shirt. For anything that folks will see the buckle I wear my nicer ones. I do like it and it's a good value.

I'm partial to COM III leather IWB from HBE Leatherworks. Best overall value and fit for the money for me.

Gideon

Quote Originally Posted by Cdknox View Post
    Sounds like for the days when the leather belt just doesn't feel right, the WT is the way to go. I'm thinking the 5 stictch will be stiff enough as the heaviest pistol I carry is 26 ounces.
    I am no big Wilderness belt fan but the 5 stitch 1 1/2" is adequate for that use. I confess I am wearing one today with an S&W 3" 36.

PS. I gave my 3 stitch version to the Salvation Army. Wilderness should discontinue it IMHO.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    I find both my wilderness belts (FF and 5 stitch instructor) much more comfortable than my thick leather gun belt...and being thinner makes it easier to use with a wide variety of holsters...

I love my wilderness tacitical belt. It is the 5 stitch model. I wear it everyday unless I have to wear a suit to court, then I'll put on a leather belt. The holsters used with my WT belt are a Black Ops by Pure Kustom for my 9/40 Glocks. I also have a few Milt Sparks SS II's. But I always have a Pure Kustom mag holder for whatever Glock I am carrying. I have singles and doubles for my 9/40 Glocks and my Glock 36. I also have been eyeballing a Glock 21 which would require another call to Rocky for an OTG OWB holster and "another" mag pouch.

The WT belt is perfect for carrying lots of gear. It holds the weight of a G17 and a double mag pouch w/ no problems. It is very comfortable, especially since the velcro allows you to get the perfect fit. This is why I prefer it to leather. I wish that they made the same exact belt in leather to allow that perfect fit. I have seen velcro leather belts, but they don't have the buckle for security.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I just ordered a 5 stitch model. Can't wait for it to arrive.

I just bought a second hand Wilderness belt from a member here, waiting on the payment to clear so he can ship it. Intend to wear it for it's versatility in adjusting, the thing looks like a great every day carry belt when I fan go untucked shirt.

The 5-stitch Wilderness belt is a great general-purpose trouser belt, and excellent for supporting an IWB holster. I use mine for that often.

But if you're toting a large (as in, "service type" or full size) pistol OWB, a quality double-welted leather belt of 1.5" or more is MUCH better, IMO. About the only time I carry OWB these days is the half-dozen or so times a year I shoot in an USPSA/IDPA match, or during power outages after a hurricane or other disaster- and it looks like another one of those is right around the corner for us. The Mississippi is less than five feet from the top of the levee here.

Anyway, the Wilderness is fine for IWB, but I'd get a proper leather belt for OWB.

I do have a thick leather belt. It's just not comfortable somedays.

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    I've worn the Wilderness 5-stitch for 7 years, almost daily and never had any problem with it. Used it with a Brommeland OWB and 1911, MS SSII IWB, MS VMII IWB. Can't be beat for general purpose wear. I did recently have my shoe repair guy replace the Velcro on it as it was getting a bit worn (and this was cheaper than paying shipping to/from Wilderness Tactical).

I have a leather gun belt for those rare occasions that I have to dress up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links