Wilderness Tactical belts and the holster you wear with them

This is a discussion on Wilderness Tactical belts and the holster you wear with them within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm thinking of purchasing a Wilderness Tactical belt and am curious as to the holsters people use with them. Do you mainly use Kydex or ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilderness Tactical belts and the holster you wear with them

I'm thinking of purchasing a Wilderness Tactical belt and am curious as to the holsters people use with them. Do you mainly use Kydex or leather holsters? I have a nice A&G leather belt but sometimes it's just not comfortable to wear. It happens on those days I'm "in-between" holes. It's either too tight or slightly too lose. Let's see some pictures.

I use the csm w a Dale Fricke Archangel holster for g23, and Aa magpouch for g22. Dale does kydex! I'll see what I can do 'bout pix.

dan

I don't currently have any kydex holsters for my carry guns. My main concern is whether the WT belt wears on the leather quicker. As far as how it looks, I'm sure it's no where near as pretty as leather on leather.

Still wrestling w/ pix. No, the WT are not beautiful leather. But, in my case at least, nobody sees my belt as it, (and the gear it carries) are covered by a cover garment.

dan

Yep, I'm not concerned with people seeing the WT belt. More concerned with how it wears on the leather. I'm always interested in seeing what it does look like with various leather holsters however.

Fist leather, all kinds of them.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

For a couple of years or more, I wore a 1911 in a Brommeland MaxCon and used a WT. I see no undue wear to the holster that could be attributed to the belt itself. Now, I was rough as hell on the holster, but all that wear shows in areas other than the contact points of the belt.

dan

I've used the Wilderness Instructor belt with kydex and leather. I don't view it as a "dress" belt, so I really don't care too much about its appearance. I use that belt in training and competition, otherwise for street wear I've got a stiffened 5.11 belt which does a great job supporting a holster.

If you choose a Wilderness, get the extra rows of stitching for stiffness.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

"If you choose a Wilderness, get the extra rows of stitching for stiffness. "- gasmitty

or the CSM.

dan

use Milt Sparks Versa Max II, Suoertuck, and a Tucker Gunleather The Answer. No wear that I can see.

Just went with all Wilderness accessories - Belt, Slide Holster and Magazine pouch. I do think that the setup SCREAMS "Gun on Hip" so I usually only wear it to the range or classes. I find the almost infinite adjustment of the belt very comfortable for most any season.

I think I better order one. It will be covered so I'm not worried about people seeing it. Thanks for the replies guys.

I've got a Wilderness 5 stitch Instructor belt that I wear with 5.11 cargo type pants. I have used it with a Blackhawk SERPA, a Galco Avenger OWB leather and a Galco Summer Special IWB leather holster. Works well with all of them. I love the adjustability of the belt.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Wilderness wet noodles

I wish I had bought a Beltman or A&G belt first. I would be money ahead. But I outsmarted myself an did it the other way around, 3 times no less. 3 stitch, 5 stitch, and reinforced. The Wilderness adjustment feature is convenient but otherwise there will be no comparison in the performance of the Wilderness and your A&G if you pack much iron.

[/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links