Holster for jogging with a J-frame

This is a discussion on Holster for jogging with a J-frame within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So what works? Got to be something out there that I dont know about. I need to carry my Airweight in jogging shorts while running. ...

Thread: Holster for jogging with a J-frame

Holster for jogging with a J-frame

So what works? Got to be something out there that I dont know about. I need to carry my Airweight in jogging shorts while running. Something that will hold it secure. I have a bellyband, but I think my Smith would probaly work its way out of the pocket. Any suggestions?
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I only used the bellyband once and I like it. The gun stayed in place for the whole night. Although I didn't care for the fact that it seemed like I was being "hugged" for the whole time I was wearing it. Also because of that feeling, when I got outside of my car (both times) I forgot to unbuckle my seatbelt when I got out of the car.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

I was using the bellyband with my J-frame BTW
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    I only used the bellyband once and I like it. The gun stayed in place for the whole night. Although I didn't care for the fact that it seemed like I was being "hugged" for the whole time I was wearing it. Also because of that feeling, when I got outside of my car (both times) I forgot to unbuckle my seatbelt when I got out of the car.
    Were you useing it for jogging? Mine works great for walking. Ive not tried it yet for jogging.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

[I]Which[I] bellyband. I think that is an important question. There are tons of different makers, and they vary widely in design and utility.

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    So what works? Got to be something out there that I dont know about. I need to carry my Airweight in jogging shorts while running. Something that will hold it secure. I have a bellyband, but I think my Smith would probaly work its way out of the pocket. Any suggestions?
    TripleK 420 with cargo shorts and long tshirt. But I jog in a rural area on a gravel road.

Pistol Wear - Holsters for Concealed Handguns is worth a serious look. PT-1 designed with the jogger in mind.
    Last edited by Paladin3840; May 9th, 2011 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    Were you useing it for jogging? Mine works great for walking. Ive not tried it yet for jogging.
    Umm more like walking from my car to the mall and walking through the mall

Links