Legitimate Bra Holster? - Page 2

Legitimate Bra Holster?

This is a discussion on Legitimate Bra Holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Men shouldn't feel left out. It will also work with the Manzier or Bro....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Legitimate Bra Holster?

Men shouldn't feel left out. It will also work with the Manzier or Bro.

I see a new video for Lima.

I'll watch that video for another day or two and get back to you...............
    "An armed man is a citizen. A disarmed man is a subject."
    Anon.

It would also work with a thong at the beach!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    The biggest issue I see in watching a couple of videos for it, is that usually when the woman uses her off hand to lift up her shirt, that arm is swept with the gun during the un-holstering process. That may, or may not be an issue for you, but some people don't like horizontal shoulder holsters for the same reason.

In general, you lose some fine motor skills when you get the adrenaline dump in a lethal situation, so I don't really want any part of my body being swept with my own weapon, but that is just my opinion.
    Yeah, that definitely occurred to me. I carry IWB, but I thought it was an interesting option for women with the right body type who are opposed to the other on-body methods they've tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    Umm, I'm not a woman but that doesn't seem like a good holster to have. All joking aside, it looks like the shooter in the video got away with hiding it because it appears he chest is large(r). Take a woman that is flat chested and that gun is going to print. It also seemed like it is too easy for an AD with that holster along with too much movement of both hands.
    Also a good point...I was also thinking that it has the potential to make you look lopsided because of the way it tucks up inside just one of the cups. Also, in one of the pictures on Ebay, viewed from the side, I think it's definitely printing.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage206 View Post
    I could watch her draw that pistol all day......seriously though way cool on the unique mod on holsters for women. I guess this actually puts the ladies at +1 for concealed options cause you won't find me wearing a bra holster. ;)

edit: could be a good back-up gun spot...
    Yes! For a very small pistol...one last shot, if you're in a desperate situation and you've lost your main carry pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Three things that caught my attention of this. 1) Having kydex next to the skin I would think can be irritating. Most IWB holsters seem to have some form of protective material between the holster and the skin to eliminate irritation and perspiration problems. The other 2 comments are more "lighthearted" but came to me as I read replies---2) If the woman is "flat chested", she can wear two holsters--double the defense and it will give her a great bustline and 3) great bullets!!
    Yes, I didn't even consider that...tucked up right by very delicate skin...I'm surprised it doesn't have anything softer on the back of it. Your suggestion made me laugh because I was thinking if having it tucked in one cup made a woman lopsided, she'd have to add an add-a-cup insert to the other one just to compensate...but your idea is better - just add another pistol. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    Men shouldn't feel left out. It will also work with the Manzier or Bro.
    There are definitely some men who could get away with this type of carry, provided they had a support device of some sort to attach it to. Lol.

I've been using one ever since my wife found that bra in the back seat of the car.
    Nathanimal and Lish like this.

It would be a great cover for crossdressers if your wife finds that bra you could claim it's part of a defensive holster ensemble.I'm listening to the scraping sound it makes when holstering and drawing,I'm gonna assume it would have a blued gun scratched up in no time
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Seems like a variation of the "neck holsters" that hang on a chain. I'll have to have my Mrs take a look. Interesting.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

cmb
    I fretted on the reholstering also, I am not trying to be too much of a guy but the way she drew I see the gun could get tangled in the shirt, seems the shirt should come up higher to clear the gun, and she shot from the hip and according to the pros you can miss someone pretty easy even inside 3'... it just hangs on the middle of the bra, after 11 years of marriage I have become pretty good at practical bra shopping (though I like the "impractical bras better) depending upon ones bust the bra would need to be some pretty good elastic and sturdy straps that were adjustible. I think it would be better to market an adaptation of the sportsbra, maybe with less compression bu yet with the strength of the strap around the chest and shoulders and maybe even made into the bra kinda like the t-shirst with the built in pockets. While this may fit a small niche I am not sure that the t-shirts, kangaroo carry or on the waist wouldn't trump this method...

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Would this be considered a gun rack? Sorry couldn't resist.
    Nick62, Lish and 9mmHP like this.

Makes me want to support OC more than ever!
    9mmHP likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links